Here's what I Don't have with my new DTV DVR+ that I had with my Sony SAT-A3

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blowjet

Original poster
Nov 25, 2005
Years ago I joined D* when I bought a Sony SAT-A3 receiver. I retired it in July of '06, in favor of a DTV DVR+. I miss the JUMP LOOP but I'm getting used to the PIP (picture in picture) instead of transparent menus that show the tunned channel underneath.

The JUMP LOOP! What a concept! Gone! What is a JUMP LOOP? It allows you to collect a group of 6 or less channels of your choice and return to them in sequence. (Were talking real time here, not just a list of favorites) By holding the JUMP button down for a second the current channel is put in the JUMP LOOP. Tune a new channel and repeat the process to add the next one. Then, when the ad's start you have a bunch of other channels to watch. Of course, those usualy go to commercials too but, some don't. Anyway, it WAS a great feature.

I have never found more than two different channels having a program on at the same time that I would be interested in switching between so your "JUMP LOOP" would be a useless.

ClemSole said:
I have never found more than two different channels having a program on at the same time that I would be interested in switching between so your "JUMP LOOP" would be a useless.
In your example, the jump loop would be the "Back" button :eureka

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Receiving OTA HD through Dtv Receiver

Cable TV plus HD OTA through RF in?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)