Herman Edwards fired

Not surprised.

A 2-14 record (and they were lucky to win twice- the Lions likely would have had some company) plus a pathetic defense will do that to you.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3855917"]Herm Edwards fired by Kansas City Chiefs; is Mike Shanahan next? - ESPN[/ame]

The Chiefs have been in negotiations to land Mike Shanahan as their next coach and a deal is near, league sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

If Shanahan takes the Chiefs job, Denver fans will regard him as a traitor forever.

This would be very Benedict Arnold-esque.

Another coach that lost to the Raiders this year. That's four now (Herm, Shanahan, Mangini and Gruden). Gary Kubiak, the Texans coach, should be worried.

I'm sorry, but you lost me here.

Shanahan was fired, why would he be considered a traitor EVEN if he went to a team in the same division.

It's not like Shanahan WANTED to be fired.

Regardless...I would be seriously pissed if Shanahan went to KC. I can see where Bowlen, Broncos owner, was coming from when he fired Mike; it doesn't mean I have to agree with the decision tho' :(

The only thing I can come up with that would've been comparable is if Cowher was hired by Cleveland as their head coach

Regardless...I would be seriously pissed if Shanahan went to KC. I can see where Bowlen, Broncos owner, was coming from when he fired Mike; it doesn't mean I have to agree with the decision tho' :(

The only thing I can come up with that would've been comparable is if Cowher was hired by Cleveland as their head coach

That would be terrible, his pictures would be burned in Effigy.:rolleyes:

Source: Herm Edwards fired by Kansas City Chiefs - ESPN

If Shanahan takes the Chiefs job, Denver fans will regard him as a traitor forever.

This would be very Benedict Arnold-esque.

he doesn't owe denver anything else. he gave his all and now it's time to move on. if he wants the chiefs job let him go for it. it's a buisness. all this loyalty garbage (that I used to love) when out the door a long time ago. It's mostly just a buisness now.

110%. That is a dagger in the heart of a Denver fan. But then again, maybe Bowen deserves it for firing Shanahan.

There are plenty of teams Shanahan can go to, but the Chiefs?

I agree it's not the best job out there for him but he certainly has a right to choose where he wants to coach.i don't see him coaching in 09 though.

Last edited:
110%. That is a dagger in the heart of a Denver fan. But then again, maybe Bowen deserves it for firing Shanahan.

I cannot believe I am actually gonna stick up for Shana-jerk...but it was Denver that fired him. I say it's a combination of wanting to stay in the midwest and wanting to stick it to the Broncos brass. IF it wasn't because Shana-pr**k hated the Raiders so much, he would have gone to them.

...Thank GOD he didn't....!!:up

Why not the Chiefs? They have a great fan base and he will be working for Pioli, not Peterson. Just because they won 6 games the last 2 years doesn't mean he won't be able to win. This is the NFL, not college.

if this happens, what are the chances they get Matt from the Pats? right now they have no QB and they have an aging RB which is why it surprises me that Shanny is interested in this job. but then again the falcons were in a similar state with those spots and they were filled quite nicely.

Hey, Shanahan can go wherever he wants, I understand, its a job. But it will still be hard to stomach as a Broncos fan, who considered him a lifer. But he should go to whoever gives him the best deal, and where he thinks he has the best chance to win. I have great respect for Shanahan.

looks like a no deal with the chiefs according to the latest reports. like I said before I don't think Shanny will coach in 09. you would think after coaching non stop for so long the man would want at least a year off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)