Heroes Season 2 Discussion

The whole Hiro story is driving us nuts.

I'm hoping we'll have one of those brilliant moments when we find out the past story is critical and link into everything happening in the present. After all, there has to be some reason why the Kensai symbol is used by everyone in the Company, etc. But they are certainly taking their time getting to that point.

...and enough with the stupid subtitles already!
It was bad enough with Hiro and speaking japanese, but it's gone overboard now.

EXACTLY! Get's annoying...

Concur 100% Drives me nuts. I do not have the time to always watch with 100% attention, and the subtitles cause me much frustration.

And yes, I also concur, move it with the Hiro story. Tie it in somehow. Please.

The Heroes' spinoff Origins has been cancelled; according to an article from TV Week talking about the impact of the writer's strike on the NBC show.

TV Week also says...

This season, “Heroes” has recreated feudal Japan using a Southern California orchard and a few extras in period costumes. Entertainment Weekly recently bashed the new season for sloppy writing, as well as “myriad worldwide locales that all look like the backlot of ‘M*A*S*H” and “mediocre special effects.” Now the show’s planned spinoff, “Origins,” has been canceled, with some network insiders blaming the pending strike, and observers blaming the flagship show’s recent ratings drop.

Likewise, CBS’s ratings-challenged “Jericho” earned a renewal earlier this year by building to an epic cliffhanger that had the township going to war with a neighboring burg. After wrangling a budget for a second season, showrunner Carol Barbee says the story will resume after the battle, with only a few brief flashbacks showing the fight itself. Making a much more cautious reference to theatrical films than Kring, she jokes, “It’s not going to be like the opening of ‘Saving Private Ryan.’”

Both cases could be dismissed as showrunners being overly ambitious, writing epic stories that over-reached their small-screen budgets. But there’s an argument to be made that there’s a larger issue at play, and it parallels the rhetoric coming from the Alliance of Motion Picture & Television Producers as the minutes tick closer to a strike.
The whole article can be read here

I must admit, the prospect of a long strike has me worried for Heroes. Its bad enough that they have killed the spinoff. I was really looking forward it. Now they'll probably reduce it to one episode of flashbacks. :(

The end of last night's show was good.

So Kensei is Adam. Interesting....

BTW, if Hiro can move back and forth in time, could he (albeit risking a paradox in the space-time continuum) go back and prevent his Dad's death? Upon second thought, maybe he can't, since he could not save the girl from the restaurant.

But now that there are three time travelers, the show might really get funky. :D

Last edited:
I read in a blog on Gateworld that they filmed an alternate ending for the mid-season finale of Heroes, in case it turns out to be the season finale.

The damn strike could really hurt this show. Its ratings are lagging as it is, and if we just get 10 episodes thanks to the stinking strike, that's depressing.

But now that there are three time travelers, the show might really get funky

Actually we still only have 2 confirmed time travellers, Hiro and Peter, by absorbing Hiro's ability.

Kensai, because of his regeneration ability, could simply be 500 something years old in the future, as aging is generally believed to be caused by cells dying and wearing out, which a regeneration ability might prevent.

BTW, if Hiro can move back and forth in time, could he (albeit risking a paradox in the space-time continuum) go back and prevent his Dad's death? Upon second thought, maybe he can't, since he could not save the girl from the restaurant.

I'm guessing he probably could if he tried hard enough. He prevented the nuclear explosion that destroyed New York. Likewise he saved Ando from being killed. When he tried to save the girl he wasn't as certain of his abilities.

But now that there are three time travelers, the show might really get funky

Actually we still only have 2 confirmed time travellers, Hiro and Peter, by absorbing Hiro's ability.

Kensai, because of his regeneration ability, could simply be 500 something years old in the future, as aging is generally believed to be caused by cells dying and wearing out, which a regeneration ability might prevent.

I'm guessing he probably could if he tried hard enough. He prevented the nuclear explosion that destroyed New York. Likewise he saved Ando from being killed. When he tried to save the girl he wasn't as certain of his abilities.

Perhaps, but I think it more likely that he is a time traveler. So Clare would stay 18 forever?

Good point about Hiro. His skills are much more advanced for sure.

I also think that Sark, ummm.. I mean Adam, did not time travel. I have a feeling that he has been living all those years. It would make sense that why he is part of the original "Company" when everyone else are in their 50's and 60's, but he looks the same.

Now that I am thinking.. maybe Claire is really Adam's daughter just to mix things up. ;)

I also think that Sark, ummm.. I mean Adam, did not time travel. I have a feeling that he has been living all those years. It would make sense that why he is part of the original "Company" when everyone else are in their 50's and 60's, but he looks the same.

Now that I am thinking.. maybe Claire is really Adam's daughter just to mix things up. ;)

Interesting concept, time will tell. Kind of cool if you could live forever, and decide how old you look.

Nah, I think Claire-bear is a Petrelli.

I wish they had not cancelled the 6 episode ORIGINS arc... :( So much more we could have known.

She definitely is. That was clear in season one when she found her real mom and met Nathan, her real dad.

That could change easily! Maybe she had a fling with Adam about the same time she was with Nathan. The reason I thought Claire could be Adam's daughter is that it seems ability could pass from parent to child. Matt's father got the same ability as Matt, and it seems that the Company is not surprised by it.

When I first saw Claire's boyfriend (the fly boy), I thought maybe he is another Nathan's son. Why pick flying when there are so many other abilities? I thought maybe they want to do some kind of Star Wars parallel (brother and sister you know). Now I am thinking that they will discovered that fly boy is Nathan's son also.. and Claire would think oh no.. we can't be together.. and then found out that she is really Adam's daughter!

Adam says to Claire (in his british accent) "Search your feeling, you know it is the truth! Claire bear, I AM YOUR FATHER!"

There you go, cliff hanger of season 2 finale! LOL :D

Interesting concept, time will tell. Kind of cool if you could live forever, and decide how old you look.

Looks like I was right about Adam being old. Don't think he has the ability to decide how hold he actually looks however. And my guess is Claire likewise will prove to be immortal in the same manner.

That could change easily! Maybe she had a fling with Adam about the same time she was with Nathan. The reason I thought Claire could be Adam's daughter is that it seems ability could pass from parent to child. Matt's father got the same ability as Matt, and it seems that the Company is not surprised by it.

When I first saw Claire's boyfriend (the fly boy), I thought maybe he is another Nathan's son. Why pick flying when there are so many other abilities? I thought maybe they want to do some kind of Star Wars parallel (brother and sister you know). Now I am thinking that they will discovered that fly boy is Nathan's son also.. and Claire would think oh no.. we can't be together.. and then found out that she is really Adam's daughter!

Adam says to Claire (in his british accent) "Search your feeling, you know it is the truth! Claire bear, I AM YOUR FATHER!"

There you go, cliff hanger of season 2 finale! LOL :D

Just to point out that Mikah does not have any of the same abilities of his mother (split personalities) and father (walk through walls).

My guess is that if a person's parents both have abilities, the child likely has a new ability. If only one parent has an ability, its likely the child has the same one as the parent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)