Heroes: Season 3

Actually that may not work. Remember when Claire cut off her pinky and it grew back in like 5 seconds? I think Sylar could regen the whole body even if the brain is the only thing left.

BTW, I wonder what would happen if Peter touches Sylar? Is Peter going to get all Sylar's abilities? A random abilities? Or Sylar's original ability to take other people's abilities? It is so confusing.
I'm still waiting for two more vials of the "super juice" to be found. (Perhaps in Nathan's liquor cabinet) that would bring Hiro and Peter back to normal.

Actually that may not work. Remember when Claire cut off her pinky and it grew back in like 5 seconds? I think Sylar could regen the whole body even if the brain is the only thing left.
Cutting off the head is different. That method was confirmed by both Angela and Adam in one of the time travels to the future.

Going to venture into the ridiculous here... if separating the body from the head didn't kill him; which would be the dominant organ that would regrow the other. Would the head grow a body, the body grow a head, or both - leading to two Sylars...

Yeah, its a snooze fest. Its becoming one of those where I look at my wife and say " do you still wanna watch this", and if she says she does not care, the season pass gets booted.

I still enjoy it, but time to get creative again. I knew the whole X-Men government roundup wasn't going to work.

Yeah, Ill be curious to see how the write in something to handle the all powerful sylar. Takes a little fun out when there is no one that can touch him.

I still miss he against peter, it made sense to have both sides with a fight to standstill guy, but not any more.

OK, so the whole knife to the back of the head thing can't kill Sylar. The guy who could make black holes is gone. The shattering snap guy is now gone. Think he killed the guy who could liquefy things. I'm sure there's some form of Sylar Kryptonite out there. Or perhaps going stone crazy nuts will take him out in the end.
However, I'm still waiting for another vial of the "Super Juice" to show up and give Peter his full power back. (either that or maybe he can shake Ando's hand and get a recharge)

So I see its claimed that someone may die next week. IMHO, after the end of this weeks episode, it either needs to be Sylar or they need to knock him down a notch. His whole superman role, and noone else being close is getting real old.

I can dig good vs bad, and even the bad leader being stronger than any of the good guys (the way it usually is), but this is DUMB.

They've ruined Peter, made Claire useless and Im tired of Hiro.

Any guesses on why Sylar didn't die from the knife? Or at least stop functioning while the knife is still inside?

Any guesses on why Sylar didn't die from the knife? Or at least stop functioning while the knife is still inside?

Since he can shape shift now he could move his vulnerable area around? More likely the writers needed a shocking new plot device?

Didn't Sylar tell Danko that you had to hit a sweet spot on the back of the neck. Perhaps, he missed the Sweet Spot. I say, Hiro needs to get his sword back and take out Sylar highlander style. Either that, or maybe if you get him paralyzed you could melt 'em (T2 style). I'm sure there is an original way to do it, but borrowing from other works of fiction seem better. (Steal from one source it's plagarism, steal from 2 or more it's research)

Any guesses on why (in Sylar's words) "Claires going to be really mad at me now"?

(perhaps Sylar killes Mr Muggles)

I didn't even realize tonight was the Season finale until I heard a commercial yesterday. Season definitely has been all over the map story-wise.

I hope... If Syler stays so powerful, Peter at least gets bumped back up again so they can balance each other out. Though Peter's character seems to have taken a back seat to Syler compared to previous seasons so who knows.

Hiro and Ando end up being comic relief now versus Hiro and his destiny being a warrior. Bring that back, please! I love how he still mentions the future storyline where Ando kills him, yet the rest of the storylines with the other characters seem to have forgotten about this.

Nathan's character needs some focus. I have no idea where he stands at all anymore. Hero? Villian? Hero? Huh?

I did like how they tried to explain the back story a bit about where the corporation started and why. Though it sounds like they are now starting the "Super Friend's." (j/k)

I do like the show, but it's just not doing well at all this season. It flew by and not sure how they are going to tie much up tonight, but who knows. Just my .02.

-Mike

Well, seasons over. Enjoyed the episode a lot but had two problems with it. (Spoilers below... fair warning:)

1) Peter had Sylar's power after the fight. Why not have Peter impersonate his brother? Wouldn't that be a helluva lot safer?
2) Parkman should have used his power to tell Mama Peterri and HRG where to stick it when they wanted him to "wipe" Sylar clean. It's more like, what can we do with Matt to get him into the finale.

So it seems like Chapter 5 has everything pretty well reset to what could have happened after Chapter 2 (ie The Company, Peter with a larger aresenal of powers, Sylar assumed dead...)

1) Peter had Sylar's power after the fight. Why not have Peter impersonate his brother? Wouldn't that be a helluva lot safer?
Peter might touch someone later and then lose Sylar's powers, thus no Nathan.
Personally I would have killed Sylar/Nathan off after the heat died down and the new company was set up, but I think Mama Patrelli figured this was a way to get her son back.

I decided to sleep on it before posting how I felt... The beginning started off pretty good but I hated the ending with Syler/Nathan. Why can't they just kill Syler once and for all... When Danko came in this season, I had thought finally, a new villian. However they still kept Syler around. They really need a good new villian as their foil rather than Syler over and over and over.

I took it that Peter only had taken the one shape shifting power as I thought he made the comment in the limo to Syler saying that are you surprised by the one I took. It was pretty predictable, but I enjoyed it.

Also the Hiro/Suresh conversation was pretty darn corny. Suresh looks at him for two seconds, and goes "Well the problem is your body is rejecting the powers." :rolleyes:

-Mike

It is a way to get Zachary Quinto off the show if he does not want to return (or Adrian Pasdar for that matter). If Quinto wants to leave for a film career they now have Sylar in a new body.

It is a way to get Zachary Quinto off the show if he does not want to return (or Adrian Pasdar for that matter). If Quinto wants to leave for a film career they now have Sylar in a new body.

That's a good point, I didn't realize that. However still, end Syler... time for someone new :D

-Mike

That's a good point, I didn't realize that. However still, end Syler... time for someone new
with one MAJOR asterisks next to it... don't let it be Aqua-girl. Tracey is not the Villain we want them to fight against, PLEASE for the love of all that's right. Let Peter and HRG hunt down Tracey and lock her up in the basement. Bring Adam back, bring an evil clone of the girl Peter left in the pestilence future back, hell, bring Mr Muggles back... but not Tracy as the new Sylar... Sorry, I'm getting carried away... Ali's easy on the eyes, but her (Tracey) character has as much dimension as a sheet of paper.

Peter might touch someone later and then lose Sylar's powers, thus no Nathan.
Personally I would have killed Sylar/Nathan off after the heat died down and the new company was set up, but I think Mama Patrelli figured this was a way to get her son back.
All you need to do is have him stand in for a few days to end bldg 26 and secure the funds for the new company, then make it look like Danko killed Nathan. You still have the Nathan corpse to work with... problem solved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts