Heroes: Season 3

I don't think that Heroes has another year left. THe way NBC is so tight with money and films a lot of its shows in sd instead of hd, indicates to me that this show will not return next year. IF they copy the Xmen premise of all mutants being hunted , it will just be a retread of those movies.

I Agree with you,I just don't know why they made such turn in the history line.

Interesting ending, though I really still don't get the whole Syler thing; the soap opera references were a really good fit for this. Good... Evil... Good... Evil... LOL. Next chapter looks like it's doing the whole Xmen thing where "Mutants are bad, they should be arrested!" We'll see as it could be interesting if done right.

-Mike

I'm not even going to touch the blatant x-men themes, I'm going to right to the heart of the matter for me.

Could this season have been more 'tacky'? The time-traveling speedster bit ,including astonishing accuracy for a beginner in what would seem a rather random approach, to me gaves it all the credibility of a late seventies episode of the superfriends cartoon. This episode also borrowed just a wee-bit from the movie "Saw".

In truth, I thought that a mid-season finale should have employed much more originality and less superhero-campiness. In truth, thats what made the show great in the beginning, much originality and very light on the traditional superhero-campiness. Now it appears the other way around....

These type of shows are limited in scope . They can do campy superfriends like shows or make them a continuing mystery like LOST . Personally I hate shows where every week the mystery gets deeper and you never get a simple answer to anything. This is what has killed Lost as a show. I got so "lost" in the show I could no longer tell what the hell was going on, nor did I care. I really can't see these type of shows continuing on for too much longer.

This is what has killed Lost as a show. I got so "lost" in the show I could no longer tell what the hell was going on, nor did I care. I really can't see these type of shows continuing on for too much longer.

Ah, well, someone forgot to tell the rest of us that Lost is dead. :)

Hey there is still an audience for soaps daily , so I guess Lost can hang in there for a while. My question to you about this show is this:

DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT THE F*ck IS GOING ON ?

My bet is that you are just as "lost " as the rest of the audience.

If you read that story about from Bryan Fuller, he hits the nail on the head. They focused too much on formulas and catalysts, not enough on the characters themselves.
AUSIELLO: Where did Heroes go wrong, in your opinion?
BRYAN FULLER:
It became too dense and fell into certain sci-fi trappings. For instance, in the “Villains” arc, when you talk about formulas and catalysts, it takes the face off the drama. And I think the goal for everybody is to put a face back on the drama. You have to save something with a face; otherwise you don’t understand what you’re caring about. I thought the "Villains" arc started out very interestingly, and then became sort of muddy and dense and I couldn't get my hooks into the characters to understand their motivations. I also started to feel confused about what people's abilities were. One of the great things about the first season is that the metaphor for their abilities was very clear. Those metaphors seem to have gotten complicated in the past two seasons. I share that concern with everybody on the writing staff. It's not like I'm coming in and saying, "This is what you need to do to fix it!" Everybody knows what needs to be fixed and everybody is sort of rowing in that direction.
Hiro is still powerless, correct? And, depending on the laws (if there are any) of the Heroes universe, I think Peter will have to start "recollecting" powers... We know he has flight, but he was right there with Nathan. If Hiro is powerless and Peter lost his catalog of special abilities, perhaps the whole "time-travel" power is gone - which would be in their best interest.

If you read that story about from Bryan Fuller, he hits the nail on the head. They focused too much on formulas and catalysts, not enough on the characters themselves.
Hiro is still powerless, correct? And, depending on the laws (if there are any) of the Heroes universe, I think Peter will have to start "recollecting" powers... We know he has flight, but he was right there with Nathan. If Hiro is powerless and Peter lost his catalog of special abilities, perhaps the whole "time-travel" power is gone - which would be in their best interest.

But you're forgetting Daphne's new found ability to move fast enough to travel through time (albeit, with Ando's help). I agree that it's a little ludicrous that she could control it with that kind of precision after just finding out she could do it, but hey, when have comic books ever made sense.

I agree with that completely. Part of the allure of the first season was following Peter around on his journey to discover what's happening to him and other's, then try to gain some leadership and try to "Save the Cheerleader." They *could* have done a good job with that this season with Hiro, but it was too disconnected and he was protrayed goofy again...

I would think that he gets most if not all the powers back. If you notice no matter how much they try to change the future, certain things remains constant. Future Peter gets powers back, we also see how he got the scar as well. Now we also may know why in the future he has a hatred enough of Nathan to kill him. Ando's also get's his red lightning that Hiro thinks kills him in the future. Peter probably just needs to meet up with Syler for 5mins and he's all set ;)

Speaking of Syler, that's one thing that really bugged me this season. Between as I mentioned before his good/bad streaks, his love/hate story, and his parents. It really did make sense that Syler was their brother as Peter absorbs abilities, his father can steal them, and Syler can figure them out and take them. Then they were like "eh, no not really" and off on yet another tangent.

-Mike

I would think that he gets most if not all the powers back. If you notice no matter how much they try to change the future, certain things remains constant. Future Peter gets powers back, we also see how he got the scar as well. Now we also may know why in the future he has a hatred enough of Nathan to kill him. Ando's also get's his red lightning that Hiro thinks kills him in the future. Peter probably just needs to meet up with Syler for 5mins and he's all set ;)

I guess they could fall back to a previous plot devise crutch for Hiro... like Daphne actually grabbed 2 doses of the super juice. They seem to love dredging up the old stuff, I mean "Oh, yet another super secret Isaac Mendez that no one knows about." What's next, the cast from Fridge reanimate him??

Personally, I think they SHOULD keep Hiro powerless; it would make him standing up to Ando (w Hiro weilding the sword) a MUCH more powerful moment.

But you're forgetting Daphne's new found ability to move fast enough to travel through time (albeit, with Ando's help). I agree that it's a little ludicrous that she could control it with that kind of precision after just finding out she could do it, but hey, when have comic books ever made sense.

I guess she could run Peter back in time to meet up with his old self (while maybe wearing a fake beard and dark sunglasses, to get his old repertoire back.

OK, this whole spoiler thing is becoming a bit crazy. People should know well enough to not read the thread if they aren't up to date right? Is it really necessary that we tag everything? I love the spoiler tag for threads where there is a discussion going on and someone wants to throw something people might not want to know, but in this case I just don't get it.

I am hopeful that the next volume of Heroes picks it up. If tomorrow's show is half as good as the commercial of the Heroes playing football, it will be great. :)

OK, this whole spoiler thing is becoming a bit crazy. People should know well enough to not read the thread if they aren't up to date right? Is it really necessary that we tag everything? I love the spoiler tag for threads where there is a discussion going on and someone wants to throw something people might not want to know, but in this case I just don't get it.

This is a bump in itself, but I usually only put in a spoiler in the first 24 hours after a show airs, and only until the spoilers have been spoiled. :) AND you are right, if I haven't watched the episode, I don't read the thread until I have.

Haha, nice Pepper. Can't wait until Heroes tonight. Hope this new chapter doesn't get too X-Menish with the rounding up of the freaks.

Not sure why, but I really didn't like tonight's episode at all.
Peter's power is messed up yet again. I'm also really getting tired of the "Daddy I want to save the world!" "No Claire bear, stay home and be a good little girl." I like the series, but I'm bumming about tonight's episode.

-Mike

Unprotected spoilers :D (I hate that tag as well, and will cease to use it)

I don't think his power is that messed up, I mean there was no guarantee that he would get the exact same ability back. Of course, perhaps he could get Ando to charge him up; maybe that would get him back to the norm. I'm a little more curious what they'll do for Hiro. While we're at it... (will speak in riddles here to not spoil too much) how long til evil robin becomes dinner?

I'm actually glad they gimped Peter's power. I thought they got a little carried away last season. Between Sylar, Peter and Papa Petrelli, there were three people that could take on the abilities of others. It just seemed a little much that those three could all just absorb until the cows came home and then try and beat the crap out of each other with the winner taking over the world.

Peter was easily the most powerful of the three in that he just had to be around another special to pick up their ability. I know Sylar demonstrated the same thing with Elle, but it didn't seem to be as easy for him as it was for Peter, so he pretty much just kills the specials he takes powers from. Pa Petrelli had to get close enough to someone to touch them to take their power. So now that they've changed Peter's power, I think it could help the show in general.

Same with Hiro really. The time travel thing was getting to be a bit lame and it had long since become a crutch for the show. Maybe with Hiro de-powered, they'll leave time travel behind them.

I'm also not crazy about Matt getting Issac's ability. Same with time travel, the paintings seem to be a bit of a crutch for the show. And while I'm thinking about Matt: I really hate that they killed Daphne though. I really liked her.

I'm a little torn on this chapter so far... I like the "feel" of it, but it seems like they are just revisiting a lot of the same things from the previous seasons, like you guys are saying.

If all they can come up with is painting the future and then jumping around in time to see if it will change or not, we might as well move on....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts