Heroes: Season 3

I suspect because this season hasn't been overly stellar. I've been watching it, but not enjoying it as much as previous seasons. Not sure what happend as it started out origionally so well. I wasn't surprised by Rebel as it was pretty obvious, Syler is getting old IMHO (I know some people love him, but I can't stand him.) Nathan's whole job/game he's playing doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. He's rounding them up to help, but not really, but secretly really is? :rolleyes:

btw was thinking about this the other day... What ever happend to the Irish girl Peter loved that he left in the future? ;)

-Mike

I liked this weeks episode a little more than some of the recent ones. Hopefully, if you are reading this; you've seen this weeks episode (unprotected spoilers ahead)

Baby Touch and Go. That made me laugh.
And for crazy speculation... if the baby touches Hiro while Hiro holds hands with Ando, maybe that can charge his time traveling super juice?

Also, if I were a blonde in the heroes universe I'd be looking for hair dye right now! Tracey and Daphne this week, Elle a few weeks back, and since you can't kill Ali Larter enough, Nikki/Jessica at the end of last season. Claire, you might wanna think about going brunette ;)

What was up with the blinking of the eye after Tracy was shattered into a million pieces? Are they trying to hint that she's not dead?

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing.

I haven't been impressed with this season either. I'm still watching just to see if it gets promising again. So far, that hasn't been the case. I suspect that I will stop watching after the season is over.

I was thinking Tracy might be like the T2 unit, when she thaws she will run together and reform?

Looks like the baby touch and go is a method to give Hiro back some power but not over do it. Just being able to freeze time (or move infinitely fast) is a lot weaker ability than being able to travel around in time and make changes. The ability is more in line with others now and not a completely over powering plot device.

Looks like the baby touch and go is a method to give Hiro back some power but not over do it. Just being able to freeze time (or move infinitely fast) is a lot weaker ability than being able to travel around in time and make changes. The ability is more in line with others now and not a completely over powering plot device.

Yeah, this season is all about putting the power back under control. Peter can only have 1 power at a time. Hiro can only freeze time. Mind control can only control a few people at a time.

It makes more sense the way they are doing it now. Before it was becoming too absurd with all the time travel there were too many paradoxes (I don't know if that spelling is right, but you get the point).

Which ability let Sylar jumps from the back of the car to the roof top in an eye blink? He cannot fly or stop time, and he doesn't have super speed.

Now that Sylar can shapeshift, why doesn't he just go kill the President and take his place? That way he could just control the whole operation from the top.

Which ability let Sylar jumps from the back of the car to the roof top in an eye blink? He cannot fly or stop time, and he doesn't have super speed.
I was guessing that he has the ability to mess with people's minds and appeared as a "vision" - he was on the rooftop all the time while the guy was seeing him in the car.

With Brian Fuller back they're dumping the get out of jail free cards and refocusing the show. So no more time travel (Hiro, Daphne) and no more abstract sci-fi-ish threats (virius/serum/etc).

This has just been good old fashioned story telling, and wow Monday's episode was a doozy, so many people getting their heads messed with.

The digging is so silly. A congressman, a nurse, and a cheer leader digging holes that size? It would be faster to have Nathan flies his brother to the Dr to touch him, and come back with super power to dig those holes. :p

What was up with the blinking of the eye after Tracy was shattered into a million pieces? Are they trying to hint that she's not dead?
She must be the blonde on the set unhappy with her part and looking for a way out (but being left with a door open for a later come back if necessary).

As for Sylar's jump- I'm thinking he did that before (in season one) when he was being chased by Agent Hanson. Or if this IS a new power, perhaps he killed West (from season 2):up during one of his "bag and tag's"

I forgot why, but I thought Sylar was 'reset' at some point and was re-learning stuff. Maybe since the eclipse?
That's right, after the "mostly dead" experience at the end of season one. (of course, I wonder where he reacquired the finger scalping skill...) I thought that HRG & Danko talked about the one agent being a little "too" lucky lately. Perhaps levitation, flight or teleportation was an ability picked up on the bag and tag missions. The thing with Sylar and the way they tell the story you never know who's mind he picked from one day to the next...

That's right, after the "mostly dead" experience at the end of season one. (of course, I wonder where he reacquired the finger scalping skill...) I thought that HRG & Danko talked about the one agent being a little "too" lucky lately. Perhaps levitation, flight or teleportation was an ability picked up on the bag and tag missions. The thing with Sylar and the way they tell the story you never know who's mind he picked from one day to the next...

The thing is the Danko has no hold over Sylar. No one even knows Sylar is working with Danko. Sylar should just kill him and take over his job.

And if I am Sylar, I would just implant some kind of metal plate around the back of my brain. Take a mirror, cut open the back of the head with telepathy, insert plate, and heal in 10 seconds! Then he would be invincible! ;)

Im personally getting bored with the all powerful Sylar. Its almost, "whats the freaking point"? Im not happy that they sent Peter back to lamesville with one power either, the syler vs peter and other strong people were pretty good. Now its just "everyone run from sylar and the government"

The writing is pretty sucky lately, and they really need to just kill hiro and ando.

Out of curiosity, was I the only one who thought last nights episode (1961) was one of the best heroes episodes in the last two seasons?

It felt like a reset, like hey - this things has gotten so far out of hand, lets try and get back to where we started. No viruses, potions or super powered hijinx; and not half a dozen different and seemingly unrelated plot lines... but a single back story to help drive the show forward. I also wonder, are we looking at getting closer to a "Five Years Gone" style show?

BTW - Alice, is it me, or was she channeling Latrine from Men in Tights?

And if I am Sylar, I would just implant some kind of metal plate around the back of my brain. Take a mirror, cut open the back of the head with telepathy, insert plate, and heal in 10 seconds! Then he would be invincible! ;)
Not really, they can just do a "highlander" and cut off his head.

Not really, they can just do a "highlander" and cut off his head.

Actually that may not work. Remember when Claire cut off her pinky and it grew back in like 5 seconds? I think Sylar could regen the whole body even if the brain is the only thing left.

BTW, I wonder what would happen if Peter touches Sylar? Is Peter going to get all Sylar's abilities? A random abilities? Or Sylar's original ability to take other people's abilities? It is so confusing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)