hey been a long time i just got a 12"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dj_flako

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 5, 2009
pa
hey guys i got a lot of help from you i was going to buy a new dish but a a little bit waiting paid of i got a 12"ter for 50$ is about 20 years old do i need a new lnb and how much clearance from the ground do i need

Post some pics of what you got, closeups of the LNB/feed would be helpful. You may be able to use what you got, the LNB I am using on my main 10' mesh dish is over 20 years old.

Ground clearance is up to you, the considerations I can think of are LOS, mowing and snow depth.

i will post pics tomorrow cant find the cable to connect by cam to the pc

The red black and white wires are for the servo, the blue plastic thingy, which mechanically controls the polarity. A pansat 3500 can control a servo, don't know if any others will. Could use an old analog receiver to control polarity also, along with the actuator on the BUD (Big Useful Dish)
THe LNB may work ok. May not. Fairly high noise temp rating, and it is higher now being so many years old. May want to look into a new style LNBF where the polarity is controlled by the FTA receivers 13/18v lnb voltage .

thanks for good info ill get a new lnb cuz i got 4 fta receivers
i like that (Big Useful Dish)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)