Hey Everybody With H3 OTA Problems

JSheridan

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2008
USA
What problems are you having? I don't seem to have any timers misfiring. I only wish there were more than one tuner like the OTA module I had in my 722K.

Reactions: jc1975
And even worse for me, live TV is unwatchable on the Joey's. I can watch live OTA on the Hopper itself, but the Joey's constantly break up.

And even worse for me, live TV is unwatchable on the Joey's. I can watch live OTA on the Hopper itself, but the Joey's constantly break up.

First off. GO CUBS!

Secondly,

I've found if you tune the hopper 3 to an ota channel and then change it to something else and go back to joey to watch OTA, it stops breaking up.

Just my experience.....it's worked everytime I've had issues with viewing OTA at joey 2.0 location. Stumbled onto that by accident, because like yourself, it was unwatchable at joey. I'd watch it fine at hopper 3 then went to joey and it magically was perfect. Tried it over next few days and it's worked each time joey has pixelated.

Thanks for allowing a place to post feedback for these issues. Email has been sent.

Reactions: CubsWin
First off. GO CUBS!

Secondly,

I've found if you tune the hopper 3 to an ota channel and then change it to something else and go back to joey to watch OTA, it stops breaking up.

Just my experience.....it's worked everytime I've had issues with viewing OTA at joey 2.0 location. Stumbled onto that by accident, because like yourself, it was unwatchable at joey. I'd watch it fine at hopper 3 then went to joey and it magically was perfect. Tried it over next few days and it's worked each time joey has pixelated.

Thanks for allowing a place to post feedback for these issues. Email has been sent.
Do you mean you are joining the Hopper 3 viewing from the Joey rather than tuning to the channel on the Joey? I will have to try that. What happens then if you change the channel on the Joey again?

Do you mean you are joining the Hopper 3 viewing from the Joey rather than tuning to the channel on the Joey? I will have to try that. What happens then if you change the channel on the Joey again?

No I actually tune to OTA on the Hopper 3. Then either change channel or power off on hopper to free OTA. Seems to allow trouble free viewing of OTA on joey 2.0 at least until the next day.

As a side note, instead of having to get up and physically walk to hopper location, I'll just fire up the dish anywhere app on my phone and load up the remote for the hopper 3 location. I'll change hopper to an OTA channel and then off. Joey works fine then. Useful when it's late

Reactions: CubsWin
No I actually tune to OTA on the Hopper 3. Then either change channel or power off on hopper to free OTA. Seems to allow trouble free viewing of OTA on joey 2.0 at least until the next day.
Interesting. By any chance have you noticed whether it has any impact on recordings as well? For example, if you have already tuned to OTA on the Hopper 3 prior to a recording starting on that same day, does that prevent the pixelation from occurring upon playback of that particular recording, or does it still happen regardless?

Interesting. By any chance have you noticed whether it has any impact on recordings as well? For example, if you have already tuned to OTA on the Hopper 3 prior to a recording starting on that same day, does that prevent the pixelation from occurring upon playback of that particular recording, or does it still happen regardless?

I'll be honest, I've done zero recording over OTA since upgrading to hopper 3 ( had an ota module with a 722k for six years that I recorded heavily off of). With 16 tuners (17 with OTA) the need to record off of OTA has been eliminated for me with Prime Time Anytime.

I'll be honest, I've done zero recording over OTA since upgrading to hopper 3 ( had an ota module with a 722k for six years that I recorded heavily off of). With 16 tuners (17 with OTA) the need to record off of OTA has been eliminated for me with Prime Time Anytime.
Ok. Thanks for all the info. I'm going to test it over the next couple nights and see whether what you have described affects recordings as well. It could possibly explain why some, but not all recordings, are playing back with pixelation. Maybe the "working" ones are a result of having already to tuned to OTA on the Hopper 3 that day. Or maybe it has nothing to do with the recording issue, but we shall see! More to come in a couple days if nobody beats me to it. :)

Reactions: jc1975
Reactions: Troch77
To view OTA on a Joey without the picture breaking up, I usually have to join the program from the Hopper then I turn off the Hopper if not watching. However, this usually has no effect on the recordings. Sometimes the recordings are ok, other times not. It is hit and miss.

Doubt it. I thought the hopper 3 was perfect.

You are a TROLL.

Here's a post I made the last time I had to put up with your crap. See the part about nothing being perfect:

Yea, you and about 2 others that have been perpetually whining because the thing isn't perfect. I don't know of anything that's perfect. It's pretty sickening actually, and with your newly found nastiness you are rapidly becoming not worth it. Still haven't taken your medicine, eh. You should do that right away.

What the hell are you even doing here? You used to work for DISH until they got sick of your crap and got rid of you so you come here to TROLL, whine, complain and cause trouble.

I get the audio and picture corruption (glitch) every two to four seconds, live or recorded or delayed, all OTA channels.

My email has been sent. I hope it's helpful.

Hopper 3 and 4K Joey have the new firmware and the OTA glitches are still occurring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)