Hey! I'm not leaving!

gtsmith

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
For all those posters that say they're leaving, I wish you luck. I thought I'd start a post that states I am not leaving - all in good fun of course.

:( No, I am not especially pleased with the SD pic quality

:) Yes, I am pleased that the stuttering went away with the last software update

:mad: No, I will never go to D* or E* again

:yes Yes, I will seriously entertain going to the wholehouse solution when the time comes

:( No, I wish Voom had a few more channels (Scifi, USA, etc.)

:confused: Yes, I pay for Vavavoom and Adelphia - $200 plus a month for programming - it's a hobby and I dont mind the expense for now

:eek: Yes, can't beat Playboy in HiDef

I'm done....

gtsmith said:
:( No, I wish Voom had a few more channels (Scifi, USA, etc.)

:confused: Yes, I pay for Vavavoom and Adelphia - $200 plus a month for programming - it's a hobby and I dont mind the expense for now

I'm done....

GT....USA on 522.

imo NO ONE can touch vooms base package right now... 50 bucks a month for the VOOM only channels and Disc, Bravo, TNT, ESPN (no dbs has every one of those) plus the SD which is more comparable to the top120 or the 100 package from direcTV (at 40/month). then you have the equip rental/fee plus the HD pack at 10 bucks a month.

$60 vs $50 for less HD channels (real tough decision there).

And before you bring up the HDnet argument dont bother... its one of the worst these days (not PQ, content)... Id MUCH rather have a 2 or 3 of the VOOM channels over repeats of Hogans Heros all the time with some lame cart racing sprinkled in.

I'm with you guys! I'm here for the long haul. Minor problems (which many have been solved here on this forum), nuthin to whine about. Folks should keep an eye on the bigger picture, which is HD assimilation into all TV viewing! :D

I'm staying... There's no one else right now that can entice me to switch. Not even the 100 NFL HD games. How much football HD games can I watch? Really? Me. Only one. I need other programming to fill my life beyond NFL.

I love movies, I love HD, I love voom. Watching standard tv is very very painfull now. Like throwing away your CD player and going back to a 1960's am transistor radio. I want a voom pvr, but not having that would not make me drop voom. Some on the D* forum bought the new HD D* Tivo, for around $1000. I'd never pay that for so few HD channels, but it hit me that I'd pay that for a voom HD pvr.

Im stayin till Jan 1, well see if Voom santa will bring me a DVR , well reevaluate options then.

Attachments

• cartmanneedsvoom.JPG
    cartmanneedsvoom.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 194

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)