hey penn state...shut up!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Lkr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
i know there is a penn state thread but I don't want to ruin any conversation in there with my rant.

with the hiring of O'Brien, there have been reports of people unhappy with the hiring, particularly a club of former players. they are saying that he is not part of the penn state tradition and will never understand it. they are saying that things work differently at penn state, you don't necessarily recruit the best players, but the best people. when getting the comments of a current football player, he whined about the hiring and said the players are being victimized.

CRY ME A RIVER

First of all, how can you possibly say Penn State has better people than other universities. Did you not see the protests when they fired a man that covered up for a pedophile? Did you not see that this man was kept on the staff? Did you not see how Penn State fans wanted to talk about how JoePa should be allowed to finish the season? Once again, people have priorities that are far beyond effed up to say the least. Sorry mr. random football player, but there have been REAL VICTIMS because of the actions of your football department. You should be HAPPY if the administration cleans house, because to be honest, who can they trust at this point? How do they know if another random assistant didn't know something and covered it up?

Get over the fact that your football team will be mediocre for a few years. It has been for the better part of the last 5 years anyway. This goes BEYOND football, and if the alumni and students of Penn State were such great people, they would be able to understand it instead of acting like there is nothing else in the world than football. Families were ACTUALLY hurt; their coach wasn't fired, their kids were molested for crying out loud. But these people are too crazy to see that!

I have heard the NCAA has no jurisdiction, but here is my solution: completely clean house. Bring in O'Brien and get rid of every member of the football coaching staff. Sorry about how long you have been there, but this is what usually happens when a new coach is hired anyway. The NCAA should then give Penn State a one or two year football death penalty so the school can get back on track. Then bring the football program back and start over. Penn State fans need to realize what they did in the past is now irrelevant. It doesn't matter how great you thought Joe Paterno was, because his legacy is now completely ruined to everyone apart from you apparently. If he had got in trouble for something else that is a big deal such as cheating on his wife, it would not tarnish his football legacy because it had nothing to do with the university. But when he is covering up for a disgusting man that did something flat out WRONG, who should never be given a second chance, it shows that he wasn't that great of a man, and the coaching staff might not have been that great either. If you have bad people teaching kids, I wonder how good those kids will turn out to be when they become adults with families. Sorry Penn State, but you are not great. I would not want to send my kid to your school. The Penn State way is now seen as a bad model to follow for good reason.

So according to you people aren't allowed to have their own opinions or have their freedom of speech because you don't like what they are saying?

Hmmmmmmmm

College kids react before thinking (I'm still paying for some of those mistakes;)). If a Russian coach were hired and started to win consistently, they'd love him and change their opinion 180 degrees. JoePa will fade into history in a few years, or sooner, depending on the team's success.

My sister is a Penn State alumnus and she said, with the hiring of this coach, isn't giving them any more money and when they ask why she is going to tell then their choice for the head coach is the reason.

She even said it's not within the tradition of Penn State, IMO I think a lot of people wanted Bradley.

cybok0 said:
My sister is a Penn State alumnus and she said, with the hiring of this coach, isn't giving them any more money and when they ask why she is going to tell then their choice for the head coach is the reason...

No offense to your sis, but for me school officials turning a blind eye and a deaf ear to possible child molestation would be enough to stop alumni funding.

Last edited:
mccoyrj said:
No offense to your sis, but for me school officials turning a blind eye and a deaf ear to possible child molestation would be enough to stop alumni funding.

no offense taken.

So according to you people aren't allowed to have their own opinions or have their freedom of speech because you don't like what they are saying?

"Your right to speak freely does not imply upon society a duty to take what you have to say seriously." - - Hubert H. Humphrey, Vice-President of the United States.

The Penn State crowd has every right to say whatever they want. And we have right to tell the whole group to get over themselves. Penn State, as a group, needs to understand the monsterous person they allowed in their program, and how warped and evil it was for those who had a responsibility to do something about it were to, instead, worry about "the program".

The Penn Staters must be in some sort of absurd Steve Jobsian reality distortion field.... absurd in that Jobs used that and managed to create stuff that is insanely great, whereas this reality distortion field wants to pretend their beloved coach did not cover up a horrible crime.

Yes. He did.
In 2002, Paterno reportedly received an eyewitness account from someone who saw Sandusky raping a young boy in a Penn State locker room. While Paterno told his boss, he did not call the police. Others at Penn State knew about a string of other sexual assaults allegedly committed by Sandusky, but the police were never notified.

Joe Paterno's sworn testimony in court. Mike McCreary's own admission that he did not give Paterno all the details as what he described in court

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts