Hey VoOm...how about pay per view??

jeeptest

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 4, 2004
Chicago
I think we need some new release movies!! I for one would like to see some up to date recently (out on DVD) released flicks.

Maybe a reasonable fee per movie...say like $2.00 or 2.50?

Only need a few channels and you could rotate the movies.

What do you guys and gals think?

I won't purchase PPV until they have a PVR with firewire out. I'd rather buy the DVD than pay for a one time HD viewing. SD PPV is totally out of the question.

DarrellP said:
I won't purchase PPV until they have a PVR with firewire out.
Me too! I llike VOOM, but the crappy cable company is now providing 13 HD channels (9 cable - 4 network). I have a Mits and several firewire components. In my opinion, a firewire enabled DVR would be the "killer app" to entice all the VOOM waitandseers.

Back in May I was told by VOOM that firewire wasn't going to happen. However, the summer is soon to pass and still no DVR. Could it be that we are going to see firewire in the VOOM DVR?

Anyway, as much as I like VOOM, by law the cable companies must supply firewire enabled STB to all who request them. Something to consider...

Uh PPV seriously takes a back seat to:

-PVR

- More Bandwidth

- More HD Channels

- More Subscribers

Voom can't have PPV since their call-in 800 # was disconnected, the last I knew. My STB has never called in since May. The last PPV fight - Tyson vs whoever won was free for this reason (previous one was $1).

qwacker2 said:
Voom can't have PPV since their call-in 800 # was disconnected, the last I knew.
VOOM can set or change this 800 number in your STB via satellite whenever they want. No need to worry.

Just for kicks I checked my dial out attempt in my HT Voom stb last night and it tried to dial out 8/23 but was unsuccessful since I don't have a phone connection in my HT room. I may have to pickup a wireless phone jack if they ever start to enforce it being connected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)