HH 90 motor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fulszjep

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 19, 2005
I rehooked up my motor after about 3 months. It does not move now. I have tried going in my pansat 3500 in the menu ( go to reference to try to reset it.) I am getting 75 quality so it is getting signal thru the cable. Will the motor just die?
What can I try?

On the SG-2100, you can manually move the motor (using the button on the bottom, opposite side of the LED). I'm not sure if the HH-90 has a button like this, I don't think it does. Your receiver would have to be connected and powered up.

info on your hh-90

Did the motor unit swing hard left or right and lockup, or just plain operate in a twitchy manner or not work at all at any time in the past.

Next question if you hook up to the receiver and lnb then turn on the 22 khz signal does the motor seem to jerk or twitch like it's trying to lock onto a satellite. Tests were done in the house with coax from receiver to motor to spare lnb just like on the pole, does not require a satellite signal to test motor movement.

Both of these symptoms happened to mine, other sites indicated the problem was probable a faulty logic board. I contacted Fortec Star and they sent me a logic, board as the 2 way freight would have been more than buying another brand of motor, not hh-90 requires you or a Friend solder it in but it's very simple

And I might add they sent the logic board at no cost to me.

But the problem was not exclusive to hh-90, sg2100 and others had a similar problem. Hope this is fairly clear.

What if you do not have any friends?

I have had my SG2100 for around 3 years and have never had a problem with it! It gets used A LOT, EVERY day of the year!

Sometimes I've noticed with my motor ( stab hh 100 ) that it won't move when I go to scan a different sat. If I change the L.O. frequency, once it hits a certain one, the motor will then move to that sat. It's kinda weird. Also if I'm using Diseqc 1.2 on my current sat and go to move to another, it won't move until I switch to USALS, or it moves like twice as slow as normal. These are just my observations with my setup. It may be of no use to anyone else.

I'm very dissatisfied with my HH90. It only moves when it feels like it. I ordered a SG2100 from Sadoun Monday but they wont have any in stock until the 10th :( . I will use the HH90 as a boat anchor after the SG2100 is installed :D .

I had issues with my HH120 right out of the box.

Hooked to my Coosat 5K. On occasion it simply would not move when I told it. Other times it worked fine. It's only turning a Fortec 90cm so it's definitely not overloaded!

Replaced all F-connectors on the coax. Power-cycled receiver numerous times. Even swapped out Coolsat receivers! It made no difference. :(

Got a new HH120 coming this week. Hopefully it behaves better.

If that doesn't work I'll get an SG2100.

I read in a different forum site, a post where the author stated that he has installed several viewsats for himself and for friends/family, and every install required a cheap line amplifier from radio twits to boost the signal and allow the STBs to move the motor properly.

Note 1: I cannot remember WHICH www I saw this posted on. I lurk on, and watch about 5 different sites.
Note 2: I have not experienced this problem.... Yet! I have my motor, but I am still waiting for my QPH-031 to arrive before I get the ladder out. I suspect that I may not have a problem as I only have a 3 metre coax between my STB and the LNB.

I have no problems with my HH90. I have had problems with my HH120. It's moving a lot of weight with the 1.2m dish as well as the QPH 031, both are each heavy themselves. All my problems were uphill movements, which I attribute to the weight, plus it's very slow movement, not to mention my impatience. After reading mrweather's post mentioning the Coolsat, I can't help but notice that mine is still with occasional problems, but nowhere near as much since I changed the drive from the Coolsat to the Pansat.
But, back to the HH90. Mine is super fast compared to the HH120. Absolutely no problems.

Al

I have a HH90 with a 1m winegard and quad LNBF. Now I do not move it off of G10r very often, but have not had any problems with it moving. I have tried moving it with both my Digiwave 7000 and Viewsat Extreme. I have not tried moving it with my Nexus or Twinhan PCI cards. I do have a modified Diseqc switch to filter off the noise, as the Twinhan had problems switching the diseqc properly due to noise. (the modification was adding two 4700pf capacitors to the diseqc switch to create a filter) Please see the following link for the diseqc modification:
http://board.mytheatre.ru/viewtopic.php?t=4514&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
This could be related to the problems thiggin2 is having if it only moves some of the time.

hh90

The motor does not move at all. Right or left and no clicking sound like it either is not getting the signal or something. I am going to try a different cable to the receiver and see what happens.

I occasionally have problems with my motor, too. I usually have to power down my Lifetime Ultra (not just the "OFF" button on the front, either), remove the feedline from the receiver, wait a few seconds, re-attach the feedline, put power back to the the Lifetime Ultra. "Voila!". Full control once again. It happens rarely, but when it does happen, I know that I will give up about five minutes of my life to get it going again. I guess it's a small price to pay for what I get in return.

Cheers!

I got a HH90 yesterday and the prong that sticks out of the tube was bent. I tried to straighten it and it broke off. It looks like it was supposed to be a pointer, but also maybe a motor stop.

Is it safe to use the motor with that prong broke off or is it going to keep turning in one direction and wrap the coax around the mast and pull my receiver and tv up onto the roof?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)