Hi from MOOVlab Boston

adtoolco said:
I always thought putting a HD camera on certain serene and exotic spots around the world and recording for an hour strait was a good idea. Take for example a private beach on a Hawaiian Island, record the crashing waves for an hour as the sun sets and broadcast that. After a long hard day an hour of that would put me in my happy place. :)

-Chris

That's a nice image.

I'm going to put in for that one.

stevegarfield said:
That's a nice image.
I'm going to put in for that one.
I thought I've already seen this on MOOV. It's actually a very good episode!

Sean Mota said:
Steve,

is there a way you can give us date and time (at least for the first showing) when these will be showing? Some of these images intrigued me. :)

I'm not involved in scheduling, so I don't know when these will air.

At some point, we should be able to tell you when things are scheduled, but I don't have any way of doing that right now.

stevegarfield said:
I'm not involved in scheduling, so I don't know when these will air.

At some point, we should be able to tell you when things are scheduled, but I don't have any way of doing that right now.

Great. Thanks. Your input is greatly appreciated here. I'll be looking for these videos on MOOV and share my thoughts about them.

adtoolco said:
I always thought putting a HD camera on certain serene and exotic spots around the world and recording for an hour strait was a good idea. Take for example a private beach on a Hawaiian Island, record the crashing waves for an hour as the sun sets and broadcast that. After a long hard day an hour of that would put me in my happy place. :)
Great idea Chris. What about a sunset at the Grand Canyon or Crater Lake (here in Oregon). Wow!!!

Walter L. said:
Great idea Chris. What about a sunset at the Grand Canyon or Crater Lake (here in Oregon). Wow!!!

Thanks Walter. I was also thinking the common theme should be sunsets. Don't know why but sunsets always relaxed me. I was also thinking what we should name it...is the "Sunset Hour" too obvious?

-Chris

Walter L. said:
Sunset over Mt. Hood, or better yet from the top of Mt. Hood would be awesome. I climbed it a few years ago and camped out at the top of the upper ski lift and the sunset was beyond description. :shocked

Since my nudity suggestion went over so well, :) I have another suggestion. You know how the planetariums do "Laser Floyd"? MOOV should do "MOOV Floyd" or "MOOV Beatles." That would be awesome. :rainbow

And I'm not totally adverse to the whole MOOV type of thing. When I was a kid, this Frenchman did the "Laser Light Show" across all of downtown Houston. It was really cool.

I like Moov but then I'm the guy who bought a video of a fireplace burning logs and a video of an aquarium. But here's how I use Moov.

1. Turn on the sound only and channel through my stereo while working at my computer during the day.

2. Turn Moov picture & sound on for background while having dinner in the adjacent dining room. We can see the picture from there reflecting from our sliding glass door and superimposed on the patio outside.Interesting.

3. Turn to Moov when I'm in between films so as not to be turning my set on and off constantly.

4. Watch it when something really interesting pops up like snowfall in a forest or rain.

5. Yes, turn it on at parties.

Hey Steve, how about some Rainbows?

I have three words for ya

Melting

Marshmellow

Man

is that real enough for ya?

We need more adventures of the melting marshmallow man. I don't know, maybe it would get old after a while but it was really cool and funny seeing that the other day

cyuhnke said:
Since my nudity suggestion went over so well, :) I have another suggestion. You know how the planetariums do "Laser Floyd"? MOOV should do "MOOV Floyd" or "MOOV Beatles." That would be awesome. :rainbow

And I'm not totally adverse to the whole MOOV type of thing. When I was a kid, this Frenchman did the "Laser Light Show" across all of downtown Houston. It was really cool.

1986, right? I was there.

snathanb said:
1986, right? I was there.
I don't remeber what year it was. I wasn't even 10 years old yet, but it was cool. When I got to college me and my buddies used to think that show could have been a much neater "experience" for us if we had been older.

So you saw the Fab Four on Sullivan, Darrell? My idea for "MOOV Beatles" is for a little more "Strawberry Fields" and not so much "Love Me Do."

Rainbow could pull this off. Michael Jackson need money for his trial, so make him an offer.

cyuhnke said:
I don't remeber what year it was. I wasn't even 10 years old yet, but it was cool. When I got to college me and my buddies used to think that show could have been a much neater "experience" for us if we had been older.
That's because you hadn't experienced grass or acid yet.

So you saw the Fab Four on Sullivan, Darrell? My idea for "MOOV Beatles" is for a little more "Strawberry Fields" and not so much "Love Me Do."
:D
Yeah, I hear yuh! I'm showing my age. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)