HI. My name is Anikan Skywalker, I just joined the darkside!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
This was another good thing I didn't know about until I got DTV. A few of Kentucky's basketball games got on these alternate channels last season and I had to sweat it out each time hoping they would show up on DISH. They did but I didn't like having to worry about that. Looks like I won't ever have to worry again with DTV. :up

you shouldnt have to worry. Seems like D* will carry more sports on alt channels. I really like the alt channels even stay consistent so the folks who have "part time" RSN's (Indian, Houston, Utah, Wisco) the games are on the same channel and not a random one each game

D*'s ability to carry all of these part time RSNs and HD ALT channels comes from all of the HD PPVs D* has. As part time RSNs and alt channels are needed HD PPVs are shut down. During last fall the peak usage time was on Sundays during the NFL season. On those days there would be the NFL games plus NBA and NHL HD games. All but a couple of HD PPVs were shut down. This is why despite people complaining about the number of HD PPVs D* has, there will always be tons of them.

you're missing my point.

If you live in a market with a part time RSN on satellite (like FSN TN, FSN Indiana, FSN Utah, etc) with D* its on the same channel every game. With E* who knows where it is

If I want to watch the Brewers I tune to 669 on D*...with E* it could be any channel in the ALT area

installer

I guess us installers should go home after each install and shower up. No one seems to realize that we installers sometimes have to crawl in crawl-spaces with snakes snails and toilet water leaking down on us. Not to mention the fact that we get two am jobs two pm jobs and potentially a late so OF COURSE he did your long 5 box as his second pm because it could have taken more then 4 hours depending on the circumstances then his other pm would have been screwed. yeah we are SUCH jerks we just love smelling bad and starting five boxes at 3 45...and having bad work orders and obviously there werent enough hr 24s in the warehouse because we arent supposed to be installing them on mrv jobs AND we love that NONE of the MRV jobs are telling us that they are mrv jobs. we would just carry extra equipment but unfortunately there isn't enough in our shops to do so.

Basically we installers are trying our best to get you everything you need and so is direct tv but it isnt easy all the time.

you're missing my point.

If you live in a market with a part time RSN on satellite (like FSN TN, FSN Indiana, FSN Utah, etc) with D* its on the same channel every game. With E* who knows where it is

If I want to watch the Brewers I tune to 669 on D*...with E* it could be any channel in the ALT area

I understand what you're saying. I was just trying to explain to the new D* subs how D* is able to carry all of the part time and alternate RSNs. And to head off complaints as to why D* has so many HD PPVs and to explain why D* just can't replace all of it's HD PPVs with national or premium HD channels.

You shall now be known as Darth Vader...........

So we started out very ugly, the install almost never happened. Installer arrived for a 5 bed room install at 3:45 pm. My window was from 12-4. He arrived within the window, but it was later than what I wanted to see, especally being that it was a 5 room install.

Installer called at 3 to say he was going to be here at 3:45 asking if I had equipment. I was like dude, I sent my old equipment back 9 months ago! :eek: The installer made of those Oh Sh*t groans and said he would be here.

Fortunatly I had my SWM setup allready set and things were good to go, (god forbid if he had to run any wire, he would have been SOL so I saved the installers butt tonight.) It was a plug and play setup. Installer arives here, and I show him the rooms. Pulls out two hr 20-100's No HR 24's here. So he installs the HR 20's wich is an eyesore on my all black equipment to have a gray box sitting out. The only thing is that good about it, it includes the ota module. Also, The installer smells Very badley, His Body Oder was very nasty and he showed up in a blue directv work shirt, and black sweats. I could bearly stand a few feet away from him from the stench. This was very unprofessional.

He puts in all of the recivers (2 hr 20's, 2 h24's, and a d12) they go to activate recivers and bingo they cant... I also asked about the whole home dvr thing as it was listed on my order but the installer wasnt installing any decca equipment. He checks into it as they have MRV listed on my work order but no MRV in the programming, nore do they list any of the DECCA and internet kit that was suppost to be with it, all it says on my work order is MRV. The orignal CSR that placed the order didnt do it right and they had to redo the entire order.

The installer ended up putting in all the nessary decca equipment and internet sharing after talking with coustomer service.

After they spent over 1 hour on the phone rebuilding the entire work order they finally got everything up and running with the right packages as they didnt have it right the first time.

This whole home dvr thing really rocks. I was very very very surprised that I could stream 1080P over the network! Totally awsome. I can watch anything on any dvr anywhere in my house.

Its very nice to be able to turn on my RSN at any time and not worry about if the programming is going to be on in hd or not. I keep asking myself why did I ever switch to Dish? Simply put with Directv there are no worrys and that means alot. I instantly had the programming that I wanted and I didnt have to begg moan or gripe to get it. No part time programming, it was all there. From talking to the CSR's on the phone through the screwups, they made me feel like I was apart of thier family and they wanted to welcome me home. This is something that dish has never done, and what they used to do back in 1997, but that atttiude has been lost at dish! Aside from the unprofessonalism of the installer everything went as planned.

It feels good to have VOD that matters back as well as the quality of the lay out of D*. You can tell that directv pours there heart into this stuff and doesnt half @ss it like dish. They thank you for coming to thier service and the do what Dish and others isnt doing.... Putting the coustomer into coustomer service.

Some things I would like to see is the ablity to use VOD on the H24's and record them to a networked dvr. So if someone sees a vod event they want to download on a non dvr reciver, give them the option to have it download to a dvr that is networked.

Aside from the installer's crap, I'm very impresseed with Directv. The PQ from dish to direct, I say that Direct is better on most channels, but there was a couple that Dish had better pq. I'll keep looking, but I think its going to take alot from charlie to get me back to dish. He's done his damage, and in my eyes dish will always be a 3rd teir service. I dont know if dish can earn my trust, respect, and my dollar back. As of right now, there is a snowballs chance in hell. Sorry Charlie! That's fact!
I believe the installers are the weakest link at Directv. The will use anyone that can fog a mirror. The CSR's have always been good IMO.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)