Hi -New Member DVR Question

jsutton

Original poster
Apr 21, 2010
Central New York
Hi,

I'm a new member on this forum and just figuring out things. i hope I'm posting in the right area.

I have a question about Hard Drives. We are replacing a Topfield 3000 that we couldn't get adjusted to get G-19 from AMC 4. The head was cracked and I really wanted to add a DVR to it anyway. The Glorystar HD was not very big so I'm looking for something with a good amount of storage, say maybe 500 Gigs??? What brand should I look for so I don't frustrate myself and waste a lot of money? Also, how many hours of programing will a 500 gig HD hold? Do I have to look for something special for it to record in HD?

Thank you.

What brand should I look for so I don't frustrate myself and waste a lot of money? Also, how many hours of programing will a 500 gig HD hold? Do I have to look for something special for it to record in HD?

A good thread on the harddrives working with the Glorystar DVR1100c is in the stickies area.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/gloryst...5-geosatpro-dvr1100c-confirmed-usb-2-0-a.html

All of the Glorystar channels are digital, but not HD. The SD TV recording is about 1 hour per gig.

Yep, pay attention to the stickies! I found my working external hdd on eBay. It was new, but apparently outdated; I couldn't locate one on my web searches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)