Hidden Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
on 105W a blind scan should bring up 3740 H 30000 with no problems.
If you have problems try entering that Freq /SR and polarity manually then scan.
All the different receivers we have here worked fine by simple blind scan if you have problems then there must be something else on your end that is not allowing you to get them. Have not heard of anyone else with a problem receiving those DMX channels.

I think the problem is tree blocking bottom of my 8.5 ft dish. Vertical receive NASA 3760 good signal . Think this is effecting horz polarity. I go to my mountain property once a month and have a 6 ft solid dish there will try to map a receiver from that location. It is unblocked there. Glad to hear that receivers are working. I guess 4DTV receiver will be just a dish mover in future.
Glad have muzak on ku band.

As a side not the V8 is having problems on a signal on Galaxy 16 3788 H 1663 KCHF where that channel seems to be having problems on 4 different receivers here and the worst one for it is the V8 and it now no longer will play that one channel.

Last night that channel began playing fine on all our receivers here.
The V8 Super needed to re-scan in that channel and whatever the problem KCHF was having appears to be fixed now.

Reactions: stargaze
Now that websams is gone lost DMX on X4 is anyone receiving it ?

Yeah i Get them you need a new box. any cheap box that can do dvb-s2 8psk. I get 200+ channels and i only can see 9 satellites. amc 9 83.w to Anik F1r 107.3 w. I think c band has much more to see. cant wait to see what i get once i can see 108 to 140w.. and when i can see 58w to 83. I don;t think ku is worth the time. we have many more tv stations in English.

Any thoughts on whether or not I should be able to pull in the Anik (canadian sats) with a 8' c-band dish?
Does it require a certain LNB to decipher that signal?
years ago on KU I could only get audio on a couple of chs. no real video.

Yeah, getting them here in PA with 7.5' KTI mesh using original 20+ year old LNB's (CalAmp, I think. I haven't even looked at them in 13 years.).

Any thoughts on whether or not I should be able to pull in the Anik (canadian sats) with a 8' c-band dish?
Does it require a certain LNB to decipher that signal?
years ago on KU I could only get audio on a couple of chs. no real video.

I get Anik F1R without any problem on a 7 foot Unimesh. The only reason I don't get the others is because I have my limits set just below F1R. I plan to remedy that problem this weekend just to see what else in down there. I can see below the old Satcom F1 location. With an 8 footer, you should have the Canadian satellites coming in just fine.

Reactions: dfecarter
What I can see having BUDS on C band is with the few dishes still in service broadcasters are less worried about us watching their programs. You need to study LYNGSAT.COM and the satellites coverage.
http://www.lyngsat.com/freetv/North-America.html has free channels listed. A lot of consumers changed over to DBS ku and junked big dishes. The other alternative to Canadian/ USA programming is internet tv. Server costs are about $ 8 a month.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)