Hiding 622

kerronis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 19, 2007
US and A
I have a 622 that I have sitting on a shelf under my wall mounted flat panel in my bedroom. However I would like to hide the 622 on a shelf in a closet that is directly behind the wall on which the flat panel is mounted. My questions are:

1) Would I be better off running component vice HDMI from the 622 into the tv? I'm estimating it'll be maybe about 6-8ft of a run. I am leaning towards component since they are a little more flexible and cheaper. I currently have it hooked up via a 3 ft HDMI cable.

2) Since the 622 will be behind a wall will the IR remote still work? Again it'll be a short distance from the remote to the 622 (maybe 12-15 ft?) but it'll have to bend around a corner and a wall.

Thanks!

I have a 622 that I have sitting on a shelf under my wall mounted flat panel in my bedroom. However I would like to hide the 622 on a shelf in a closet that is directly behind the wall on which the flat panel is mounted. My questions are:

1) Would I be better off running component vice HDMI from the 622 into the tv? I'm estimating it'll be maybe about 6-8ft of a run. I am leaning towards component since they are a little more flexible and cheaper. I currently have it hooked up via a 3 ft HDMI cable.

2) Since the 622 will be behind a wall will the IR remote still work? Again it'll be a short distance from the remote to the 622 (maybe 12-15 ft?) but it'll have to bend around a corner and a wall.

Thanks!

1. Doesn't really matter unless you do 1080p VOD, which requires HDMI. You won't have to run audio with HDMI.

2. IR will not work. Get another 6.3 remote for UHF.

Use HDMI. You can get a 10ft run for about $12 from monoprice.com. Remember that if you use component then you will also have to run cables for the audio also.

The IR remote will not work. Are you using the 622 in single or dual mode. If single mode, just use the RF remote instead of the IR. Otherwise there are many adapter options.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)