High Def Owners, what TV do you have?

Just bought and installed my first HDTV, a Samsung 42" Plasma, model 4264. I love it. The picture blows me away, even on some SD channels. HD, of course, is jaw-dropping.

Mitsubishi 65734 (65" 1080P DLP) in the living room. RCA 52" CRT Rear-Projection in the bedroom. 32" Westinghouse 720P LCD sitting on a table waiting for a home. :)

Sony KD-36XS955 36" CRT HDTV (4:3).

LCD, Plasma, and DLP still haven't surpassed CRT in terms of picture quality, response time, longevity, displaying the color black, and displaying multiple resolutions (since a CRT set has no native resolution).

OLED is interesting, but it's still fixed resolution....

Until they come out with a non-fixed resolution display (or until 4320p becomes standard, since all format will scale well to that), I'm sticking with my CRT...the only thing I wish it had was 1080p support....but that's no big loss.

Im looking at calibrating mine soon. I figure $2600 for a tv, whats $300-400 for a calibration.

In the newest sets there is much less that needs a professional calibration. Regretably they never lowered the cost of such calibration in line with this.

Now if the manufacturers would release their sets set closer to proper standards, we wouldn't need to do almost any calibration.

Aside from my lovable CRT-based HDTV in my signature, the other good HDTV I have access to is my dad's 62" Toshiba DLP HDTV. Best $1,700 we ever spent in our lives.

The Future is Here

Is anyone looking ahead to the new Mitsubishi Laser Tv's.The color reproduction is untouchable. The price is very competitive. It still requires work [ not thin enough] Any more info. would be appricated.:D:eureka

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)