HIGHER PRICES COMING PEOPLE

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I can't say I will miss the plethora of foreign language channels.

I'm sure there will be packages available.

So long as there is competition between the two satellite networks and they do not collude in price, then I think we will be okay. If they collude in price then I will simply cancel my satellite provider and get my entertainment over the internet. Its hard to beat free. :)

I am one who hates Govt. Regualtion, but that is the only thing that is going to work with these people. It really is out of hand now.

D* the past year did nothing, hell they have done nothing since the big release on all the new hd almost 2 years ago. Since then, nothing, yet prices have increased twice, and the equipment is pathetic..

I have a bad DVR here that works when it wants to work. Ive been trying to get a replacement for 2 weeks and it still is not done. I have to go through the spanish inquisition to get to the next level, then more of the same sh*t after that.

I finally told them to deactivate, my contract is almosy up then they can kiss my ass..I will never do business with them again. I originally got them for the Sunday ticket, but that is not even worth what they charge for it anymore.

Ill just get the RZ channel with someone else, and watch that.

I wish DirecTV would come out with a few more reasonable subscription packages. This could be sort of ala-carte with maybe a news package, a basic sports package, a kids package, a movie package, you get the idea. Then the subsscriber could pick from those.

I am one who hates Govt. Regualtion, but that is the only thing that is going to work with these people. It really is out of hand now.

D* the past year did nothing, hell they have done nothing since the big release on all the new hd almost 2 years ago. Since then, nothing, yet prices have increased twice, and the equipment is pathetic..

I have a bad DVR here that works when it wants to work. Ive been trying to get a replacement for 2 weeks and it still is not done. I have to go through the spanish inquisition to get to the next level, then more of the same sh*t after that.

I finally told them to deactivate, my contract is almosy up then they can kiss my ass..I will never do business with them again. I originally got them for the Sunday ticket, but that is not even worth what they charge for it anymore.

Ill just get the RZ channel with someone else, and watch that.

Nothing? Wow, you are out of touch!:D BTW, what's the rz channel?

If alacart went into existence. I would see it working like this.

as the providor all you do is provide the means of broadcasting the channels.

Charge say a $10 access fee to the customer plus equipment rentals..

Then the channel owners would contract with the providors how much they will have to pay per channel for them to host is for them..

Meanwile the billing will all be though the Providor...

As I remember with old C-band days the channel owners would sell you not one channel but there pack like dicovery or showtime.. I could be wrong but you did not just purchase just the one channel.

Those would be considered channel packs if you would that you could subscribe to from the providers.. nothing which would cause software upgrades by dish or direct..

As the provider you are noe making money for every channel plus a small per subscriber fee to the package, along with the $10 access fee, plus the equipment..

What i believe would be a win win for all, because now the channel owner would have to have proramming that would entise custermers to want there channels.

obviously the channels that have more subscribers could fetch a higher price..

and all of this would take the burden off the of channel provider.

The Red Zone channel

Oh yeah, I should have known that. From what I have heard, they only show highlights of the games. Is that true? If so, it hardly seems like it's comparable to ST.

I haven't actually seen it myself but, I guess the gist is that it shows every Touchdown of every game.

I haven't actually seen it myself but, I guess the gist is that it shows every Touchdown of every game.

That's like watching a channel showing all of the runners scoring from 3rd base! Gee, how exciting! :rolleyes:

That's like watching a channel showing all of the runners scoring from 3rd base! Gee, how exciting! :rolleyes:

yup, it's like watching SportsCenter, only it happens live whenever a team is in the Red Zone.

Personally, I don't like it, it changes to tooo many different games on a whim, just when you want to see the next play it may change to another game all together.

Sorry, but it's NOT for me.

If ala carte became a reality, the cable companies would make up the difference by charging for everything like the phone companies do. Say $29 just for access, in addition to the cost of each channel. They'd start charging for wiring, more for equipment. They'd a charge to talk to a CSR , and service calls or maybe copy the satellite services and require a service commitment. They'll still offer packages, but ala carte will be priced so that it would be cheaper to get a package.

I can't see how anybody can seriously believe that the cable companies are going to sit back and say "OK, we've been charging you $70 a month, but now you can pick your ten favorite channels for just for $20" and not find a way to make up the difference. It ain't gonna happen folks.

I think we all know it's not going to happen. We just wish it would

ESPN's use to cost me $ 12 on the old C-Band .....

I use to build my own package back then, told the people I was working with that I didn't need alot of what thier packages were and offered to let me make a package of my own liking.
Did that for many years till they started to offer it to everyone.

Well I only watch a few channels and I called to cancel DTV and they dropped by monthly charge by $20 a month to keep me. I have 200+ channels and watch maybe 15 at the max...with the options available online I'm about ready to just cancel all paid TV and watch OTA or online. :rant:

Well I only watch a few channels and I called to cancel DTV and they dropped by monthly charge by $20 a month to keep me. I have 200+ channels and watch maybe 15 at the max...with the options available online I'm about ready to just cancel all paid TV and watch OTA or online. :rant:

For how long is this price drop they gave you?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)