Highest bitrate signal played with our consumer STB's?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hd fan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
Ontario
I know the Azbox has a hard time recording some high bitrates (have not tried with latest firmware yet) and also signals close to the 90 Mbit/s limit are very rare but I was wondering what would be the highest bitrate signal ever locked up and played from with our consumer grade digital satellite receivers. As per their specs , most if not all , rate them for up to 90 Mbps , most high quality feeds are single channel only with 60 Mbps the most I remember but I just noticed someone posted on Lyngsat that there is a close to 45000 SR, MCPC, MPEG4, DVB-S2 signal on VeneSat at 78W. I would assume the lyngsat poster is using similar consumer grade equipment but I just did the math (assuming is 8PSK) and therefore it will be 88 Mbps , very close to the equipment limit of 90 Mbps. I wonder if they play well although there are so many channels that the bitrate per channel is probably around 3.5 Mbps.

Anyone have any idea? I am far too North to even get a blip on the birdog's SA.

On North American birds I regularly see 70+ Mbps single channel feeds. The highest was a bit under 80 Mbps, but I don't recall by how much.

Status
Please reply by conversation.