Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnny33156

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
I have a customer who has a 36 dish inch pointed at Hispasat
with a dual universal LNB.
He has two receivers right now and he wants to add three more.
Can I use an 8/way Directv multi switch to this system or
is there a better way to install five receivers to a dual universal LNB.

Thanks for any help...

Normally I would say to switch the the LNB to a standard but honestly since everything on Hispasat is on the "high" band it wont be necessary

Yes a 8 way Directv switch will work fine. If its a 2x8 or 3x8 just hook both cables from the LNB to the switch
If a 4x8 then you would have to switch the LNB out to a standard. Reason is Universals inject a 22k "tone" to get the high band. The 4x8 switch has a 22k built into that. You can't cascade 22k switches together.

So I guess it depends on what switch you are going to use?

Let's forget for the moment of which satellite that I'm pointing to.
My question is if you are using a universal LNB and you wanted to connect 5 receivers.
What kind of switch would you use to connect 5 receivers to one dual LNB.

Thanks again for any help.

Let's forget for the moment of which satellite that I'm pointing to.
its a moot point. Hispasat has no low band transponders aimed at the US. So if you are in this hemisphere the only thing you need is high band
My question is if you are using a universal LNB and you wanted to connect 5 receivers.
What kind of switch would you use to connect 5 receivers to one dual LNB.
I already answered it in post 2

Yes a 8 way Directv switch will work fine. If its a 2x8 or 3x8 just hook both cables from the LNB to the switch
If a 4x8 then you would have to switch the LNB out to a standard. Reason is Universals inject a 22k "tone" to get the high band. The 4x8 switch has a 22k built into that. You can't cascade 22k switches together.

So I guess it depends on what switch you are going to use?

something like this will work
Mini 3x8 Multiswitch model number: 35-DTV38MINI | eBay

Would all five receivers be able to tune in to five different channels at the same time with a single or dual output lnb?

the hitch is it must be a dual output lnb; one output to +13v on 3x8 switch and the other lnb output to +18v on 3x8.

Yep gotta be dual to the switch and then yes all 5 receivers could be on different channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)