Hispasat 30W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blue1767

Original poster
Nov 19, 2012
Montreal
Good morning to you all. Here is my equipment; a DigiWave1.2m dish, Digiwave Circular and Linear Quad LNBF & Geosat Pro receiver.My question is, can I catch any European Satellites Like Hispasat 30W, I enjoy watching the games played in Spain, so is there a way I can catch them from here in Montreal, Qc....BTW I do get the other hispasat channel. Can I get some advise, for a newbie

Good morning to you all. Here is my equipment; a DigiWave1.2m dish, Digiwave Circular and Linear Quad LNBF & Geosat Pro receiver.My question is, can I catch any European Satellites Like Hispasat 30W, I enjoy watching the games played in Spain, so is there a way I can catch them from here in Montreal, Qc....BTW I do get the other hispasat channel. Can I get some advise, for a newbie

Looks like Hispasat 30W is about 22 degrees above the horizon from Montreal so if you have a clear line of sight and are in the coverage area of that satellite you should be able to receive the signal.

The 1.2m dish should be plenty large enough and you would use the linear side of your LNBF. Don't know if you will find any content from Spain on 30W or not.

Hi, thank you for your replies. Yes I am able to receive the signal but to be honest with you I wasn't planning to get the south American nor, Arab channels. I was hoping on getting the channels lost_mesa indicated which was the European beam. I know this may sound silly but is there no other way around it(bounce the beam off another sat or something....this is a real Newbie asking silly questions but it's worth a shot), lol.

Hi, thank you for your replies. Yes I am able to receive the signal but to be honest with you I wasn't planning to get the south American nor, Arab channels. I was hoping on getting the channels lost_mesa indicated which was the European beam. I know this may sound silly but is there no other way around it(bounce the beam off another sat or something....this is a real Newbie asking silly questions but it's worth a shot), lol.
No question is silly. We were all newbies at one time. :) Unless the beam is pointed toward you, you won't be able to receive it with your dish. There have been cases where people with HUGE dishes experimented and were able to pickup up channels that were not in their footprint but again those are rare case with o-v-e-r-s-i-z-e dishes. Sorry! :(

Reactions: danristheman
Thank you, FTA4PA & everyone, for the kindness & honesty....I will now spend my effort in buying a motor for my 1.2meter dish this way I can appreciate the dsh...do you have any good suggestions?

A genuine STAB HH120 is the only motor i'd consider. Or - I'd mount it to a polar mount meant for a 6 or 7.5 ft dish. Or build the polar mount from scratch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.