found an old dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

glover31

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 7, 2013
Friendship New York
Hello. Looking to get some input as to if I can use this dish for fta reliably. Its a channel master dish. 36 inches wide. definitely not that tall though. More like the shape of a direct tv dish. just bigger.

Yes you can you that! :)
You got any pictures?

Look for some numbers on the back (molded right in the dish ) might be what's refered to as a 75e (37x27) "Elliptical"
Do you have the original feed?

well it says star band on the front. Definitely much sturdier than a direct tv or dish network dish. Bigger. I thought it was a prim star dish at first. I can take some picks later

Hmmm...Yes post some pics and any model numbers you can find.
If it is a commercial Starband it maybe ok.
The consumer ones are a little on the small side usually.

Photo353.jpg
Photo355.jpg
Photo356.jpg
Photo353.jpg
Photo355.jpg
Photo356.jpg
ok. Sorry it has taken me so long but I don't have internet at my new home yet. Here are the pictures I took..UPDATE. just relized my pictures didnt all get uploaded and some didnt show. Not sure whats wrong. But the part numbers 3041198 mold number 75e-1 made in the usa.

Last edited:
OK so... Under the advise of KE4EST I bought the eagle aspen 270. Expensive.. shipping. Expensive. Also bought a cover for the lnb. Just bought a geosat pro hdvr3500 dvbs s2 satellite receiver from titanium "used" through eBay. Now I just have to find a way to mount it to the side of my house. The original pipe " that I do not have", was 2 inches inner diameter.

I think it was chain link fence corner post is what I've used to mount the 83e. (Check sizes) and 30 inchers.
I used truck exhaust pipe* from the local steel/welding shop on my 1.2M's. (*Wide variety of sizes available and in Stainless if desired)

I wouldn't mount it on the house. Only if no other possible way. Put a pole in the ground and mount it there. That is a fairly heavy dish, have one with a broken feed arm. Spring storm dropped part of a tree on it a few years back. I have thought of figuring out a method to revive the one I have, but haven't done it. May not, after reading the Expensive part of your post for the LNB. Besides, the WAP would get pretty low if another dish appeared in the yard.

I wouldn't mount it on the house. Only if no other possible way. Put a pole in the ground and mount it there. That is a fairly heavy dish, have one with a broken feed arm. Spring storm dropped part of a tree on it a few years back. I have thought of figuring out a method to revive the one I have, but haven't done it. May not, after reading the Expensive part of your post for the LNB. Besides, the WAP would get pretty low if another dish appeared in the yard.
I was actually considering a house mount on the side of my house. Have had pole mounts before. The winter weather tends to move the pole a bit. My house is huge. I was thinking as long as I could get a strait shot of galaxy 19 and be able to find a rugged antenna pipe mount for the side of the house. I am thinking about a direct way internet dish mount but I am not sure the pipe will be big enough. If I decide to motorize it I would want something that could use a big dish "b.u.d" motor. I have had sg2100 and other motors. I have had nothing but trouble with them all. Ideally 2 dishes. One fixed at galaxy 19 " current dish". Another bigger primstar dish or geosat motorized mounted underneath. Open to ideas "pictures" .

The degree scale is for skew angle setting only. The elevation is set with the side bolts and the azimuth is set by rotating the mount cup on the pole.
Yeah. I had a look last night. Your right. By the way I just bought a xbmc "used receiver from you". How do I get passed the enter password? Like when I click on something it asks for a password. What do I do?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts