Hispasat Coordinates Please Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

alecuba

Original poster
Jan 21, 2007
im in toronto and i want to get hispasat...i got the 36" dish with a universal lnb but im not sure what the settings need to be in the antenna setup screen in the stb...thx

so basically i have to twist my lnb??? cuz its straight as if it was normal....i thought that by inputing the skew value in the stb in antenna setup it would do the job....so the -38.7 would be rotating the lnb to the right(clockwise) like it shows in those pics??? how much is 38.7???sry for asking many questions, its the first time i try to get this bird,,,,,if gotten 110, 119 and bev 91 easy but didnt know this one was hard i guess.....thx again

Make sure you have a live TP 11884 V 27500 for Cuba channels
Frequency : 11884
Polarity : Vertical
Symbol Rate : 27500

More or less point your dish using a compass in the direction of Hispasat, then make small adjustments , yes very small until you see improvement on your quality meter.

If this is your first time it might take some time , don't get frustrated, oh yeah and make sure you have good LOS Line of sight meaning no obstructions, your dish will look like it's pointing slightly towards the ground believe it or not, this is ok because signal is coming in at a higher angle than you think.

I have 1 dish pointed at Hispasat and another motorized and thru trial and error I can say that sometimes what may seem logical is not, good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

What kind of LNB are you using ? (Universal) Brand Name please , Does it have numbers on it you can use for Skew. - 38.7 I believe is close to 7 o' clock .

Last edited:
Hispasat will be pretty low on the horizon from your location. Make sure there is nothing semi-tall blocking the view! :)

As far as skew is concerned you have to twist the LNB in its holder. Looking at the front of the dish it will appear as if the bottom part of LNB (presuming you have one where the cable plugs in from below) is pointed at the 7 o'clock position.

I can get Hispasat with my motorized Fortec. The signal quality is pretty solid for Cubavision and TV Marti.

thanks for the help guys...
i cant really tell u the lnb right now cuz i dont have it in front of me...i know its a universal lnb ku band, its freqs are: low is 10.7-11.70GHZ and high 11.7-12.75GHZ....maybe it is the LOS cuz there is a tree with no leafs(its winter) in the way...i might have to tell my friend to put the dish in the roof...anyways i will be getting the same dish/lnb and try it at home, here i dont have obs blocking the sig...also, when we set the sat to hispa-1c/ku in the antenna setup we only got 4TP, lnb type was selected as Universal 1 cuz thats what the seller told me to put.....so, do you guys think ill be fine with a 90cm dish from here in toronto canada??
ill keep u posted in the progress when i get my dish...
thx again
edit: i tilted the lnb the way it should(using an E6B)...but im not sure of accuracy cuz the e6b is big compared to the lnb head, i will get the handle out of the dish then draw the shape in paper and do my headings so i can get a better tilt....

Fortec Canada has its head office in Mississauga. You could check out their website as they may have a dealer's list of some kind.

I got my Fortec 90cm from a buddy near Peterborough but that may not be helpful for you. :)

Here's a pointer for you ...
Straight from the source.

http://www.hispasat.com/Apuntamiento.aspx?zone=2&sectionsId=58&lang=en

Just for fun, I pointed an extra 18" antenna (with LINEAR LNB) that way just to see if it would work. It did !! Yes it's weak on some channels, but I can get quite a few ok.
I already have a 30" for that sat. But I wanted to see if it was possible.

You will need to aim low. I pointed at my target azimuth and adjusted the elevation until I hit it.

mrweather, im worried about something...my friend's dish is 32inches which is around 82cm...im not sure if its possible to get the signal with this kind of dish...is it?
on the other hand i bought a dish for me but this one is 39inches so its a meter big...i guess i wont be worrying with this one....let me know what can i do in related to my friend's...thanks everyone for ur support...
edit: the lnb that came with my dish is a EagleStar 53-4552-2 KU Band Dual LNBF RF: 11.70/12.20GHZ IF:950/1450MHZ LO: 10.750GHZ GAIN: 55dB NOISE FIGURE: 0.5dB....is this the right one for Hispasat???
thx again

Last edited:
Yep, that LNB will work.

With respect to your friend's 32" dish it'll do okay for FTA but is certainly not optimum. Your 39" is much better.
so im going to be able to catch hispasat 1c/d with the 32" dish ok? my mainly concern is the cuban channels...i dun really care much about the rest.....also, ive heard that with pansat receivers that have been updated to b-80 i will not be able to see anything....some guy told me that in another forum.....what do u think?
thanks

a 30" dish would work fine. I've used a 30" here in MN with no issues for Hispasat
is MN manhattan? sry ive been in canada for 6 yrs only...never been to NY so im not too familiar with american states....thx

nope. Minnesota (farther west than Toronto and farther North)

Point being is a 32" dish will work fine in Toronto for Hispasat

what other sats can i get with the 32" and the first lnb i mentioned in this thread???
thanks

what other sats can i get with the 32" and the first lnb i mentioned in this thread???
thanks

I am not familiar with the LNB , but if it's standard linear and you add a motor you can get quite a bit of channels.

I have a 36 inch (90 cm) Fortec dish ( I really like it)

By your screen name , I take it that your main interest is Cuba , so Hispasat is definitely the way to go for a stationary setup.
Channels from Cuba-Spain-Argentina-Brazil-Colombia , my Mom really enjoys them.

Pas 3R @ 43.0 w. has occasional Televisa Feeds from Mexico's Northern States
Feeds include , mostly news , morning variety, and the occasional woops I'm now watching several spanish movies or other programs. NOT always consistent but a treat if it catches your interest.

If it's just Spanish Programming you're looking for , you'll then jump to
AMC5 @ 79.0 W. for KTEL-TV (Telemundo - Carlsbad)
from there you'll go to
IA-6 @ 93.0 W. where you have Azteca 7 and Azteca 13 , 2 channels from Mexico that are pretty good for Sports and Dubbed Movies and also variety shows.

Last and not least , and definitely a FAVORITE satellite for forum members is
G10 or Galaxy 10R @ 123.0 w.
Please check footprint , Larger Dish Recommended.
Many affiliates including Univision,Telefutura, and the neat thing is the different time slots, so if you miss a show you can probably find it at a later time.

Plenty of other channels English and Foreign and feeds inbetween 30.0 w. and 129.0 W just make sure you have good LOS.

on the antenna setup what do i put for lnb type??? standard?? or universal??? cuz i dunno if the eaglestar lnb i told u guys about is standard or universal...i bought those small sat-findes...the one that has two plugs and a needle in the middle and it makes noise when a signal is caught....and i hear it pitches up the noise when i hit certain coordinate but no quality is shown in the antenna setup....i did this using the lnb type as universal 1....what should i do??
thanks
edit: just after i wrote the previous i went outside and tried again but with the standard selected....i got 60% quality and scanned and no cubavision, then did a blind scan and now i get around 40 channels...is this good, the quality of signal is still around 60...how can i make it better???
thanks

Last edited:
edit: just after i wrote the previous i went outside and tried again but with the standard selected....i got 60% quality and scanned and no cubavision, then did a blind scan and now i get around 40 channels...is this good, the quality of signal is still around 60...how can i make it better???
thanks

ok , you made some progress, thats good.

#1 I don't know what channels you just scanned in, so I'm not sure if you are on Hispasat

#2 60 % quality all depends on your receiver , what receiver are you using, some people get all kinds of numbers ranging from 60 or lower all the way to 98.

I used my coolsat 5000 on Hispasat and can get 90 + on quality

I setup another dish on Hispasat using a Fortec clone receiver and could only get 67-68 quality , when I swapped receivers I was back up to 90 + , so 60 % quality might be good.

Do you think you have Hispasat ? 40 + channels sounds about right including some muslim channels , and another 40 radio.

Well keep us posted , to see if we can offer more assistance.

Status
Please reply by conversation.