hispasat

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lupe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
FLORIDA FORT LAUDERDALE
i wanted to know something if any one can help i am planning to buy a new receiver i already had a pansat 2300a in the past and now i a have a vieuwsat
is it normal that on the channels form argentina superland etc on hispasat that these freezes once in a while i had this on the pansat (was a little less then the vieuw) or is this normal due to color difference.

These channels (mostly from Argentina) produce a lower signal level than most others on HISPASAT. A larger antenna is the only reliablel solution to compensate for weaker signals.

Same problem here

Ok so it's not just me , I have a 90 cm fortec dish and use a Coolsat 5000 receiver and encounter the same results of freeze, well it's more like a slight pause every 3 to 4 seconds.

I thought it was more a PAL problem, and that the receiver was to blame.

Mike thanks for pointing out the signal problem , now I've heard good things about Traxis receivers and video quality , anyone (PSB) that can confirm traxis receivers have an edge with this problem that seems to occur on channels from Argentina and some Muslim channels, RTPI for me starts out with a slight pause but corrects itself within several seconds.

jayelem said:
Ok so it's not just me , I have a 90 cm fortec dish and use a Coolsat 5000 receiver and encounter the same results of freeze, well it's more like a slight pause every 3 to 4 seconds.

I thought it was more a PAL problem, and that the receiver was to blame.

Mike thanks for pointing out the signal problem , now I've heard good things about Traxis receivers and video quality , anyone (PSB) that can confirm traxis receivers have an edge with this problem that seems to occur on channels from Argentina and some Muslim channels, RTPI for me starts out with a slight pause but corrects itself within several seconds.

I don't think that this is a problem that any manufacturer can attack, realistically. Here is what I am thinking. As mpeg data stream is coming down through the dish to the rcvr, it is being decoded and displayed as "frames" arrive. In order to update the screen, the rcvr's code is constantly looking at its buffer, looking for "frame start" and "frame end" delimiters and as they are found, the frame is decoded and displayed (video and audio). Now if in this process, there is a pause or break-up due to weather problems, clouds, trees moving with the wind, etc, then the picture will not get an update until the next frame is observed and that is the reason for hick-ups if you will. there is no way for the receiver to know what's coming next if it is displaying the data in real time. As I was typing this and thinking with myself, I thought that the only way would be for the receiver to display the data in a "delayed mode" in which case, it is always displaying the data with a few minutes/seconds delay where it allows for these breakups to be bypassed and skipped. An idea for a receiver SW feature, maybe !?!? Just my $.02

Last edited:
ref this

i don't thinks its signal problem as i tested my 1.2 m offset with it and i am getting the same thing curently i am using a 36 inch for hispasat.

i had this problem on other sats and changed the pcr number by 1 higher and fixed the problem on my satworks 3618.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts