History gone black...now its back 4/23/11

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Please lets all try to tame our urge to get in touch with the people of the history channel to see whats going on!That should be a no no with FTA.

Oh yeah... That's a big no no... I b***hed at RTV when they cut the video quality in half and replaced the west coast channel with Tuff and I caught a lot of grief over it. RTV told me to STFU or they would yank ALL the channels, period.

Best thing to do, Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................

Maybe one of their computers exploded when it determined that very few of the shows had anything to do with history.

Both History and Bio working fine on my Dish subscription, in HD no less. Unless you pay for it, you are subject to the whims of the FTA gods.

I'm not trying to rub it in. I love FTA, but it's pretty much out of our control.

I know... I was just messin with ya..

Gosh, I'm sure gonna miss some shows there.
Yeah, I know, there's almost no "history" there but oh well. Now it is what it is. And I got hooked on a number of shows there and will really miss them. Not all of them though. All that "end times", 2012, Nostradomas, UFO and conspiracy stuff is just too kooky and I always ignore them or watch something else. I liked the shows about how things work, Modern Marvels. I learn a lot of things I wouldn't know about otherwise. So there is educational value in some of the shows.

Sigh....

Soon there will be nothing left and we will all have to turn our dishes into bird baths and gazebos. :(

For me is was gone many many months ago when they changed from AMc4 to SES 1 and left the carribean out of the footprint!!:mad:

As was pointed out previously, the channel is not scrambled. Its in the clear, but is just streaming black burst. If it would show up as scrambled, I would be more concerned. I feel there's reason for hope that it will return. If not as History, possibly as something else.

As was pointed out previously, the channel is not scrambled. Its in the clear, but is just streaming black burst. If it would show up as scrambled, I would be more concerned. I feel there's reason for hope that it will return. If not as History, possibly as something else.

I am with TRON on this one.

But in all honesty, the programming was really going downhill ahead of this in my honest opinion. Seriously, UFOs and Bigfoot all day? I don't like to lose a channel that I watch often, but it was getting lame. Except for a few programs. I work strange hours, so most of the time I was tuning in when they had the INFO-mercials on anyways. That was no good for me, but I had grown to count on that channel as a backup, even if I did not like the majority of their most recent programs.

RADAR

Radar, you are obviously not informed-Bigfoot was recently seen in North Carolina, and a triangle-shaped UFO with red lights was filmed a couple of weeks back, somewhere in Colorado. So, what would be bad about a channel that did UFO and bigfoot stories all day?
( LOL)
Everybody chill, maybe the channel will be back. But if it doesn't, it was a good run !!

UPDATE FROM PHOTTOETTE : Now she is telling me that the History Channel IS alive and well, it is just now showing items that were history BEFORE electricity.

Photto

ROFL --- is the history hand carved in stone? :)

UPDATE FROM PHOTTOETTE : Now she is telling me that the History Channel IS alive and well, it is just now showing items that were history BEFORE electricity.

Photto

Oh yes! Gotta keep watching! This is the HISTORY of the universe, just prior to the Big Bang! If you stay tuned to this station, you will witness the birth of the universe! It's going to be so amazing! Don't miss it!

RADAR

"Now she is telling me that the History Channel IS alive and well, it is just now showing items that were history BEFORE electricity."

"It seems there is NO MORE history for them to broadcast, so they just shut down."

That is what you get for using blonde scan!!!... :p

Last edited:
History channel is fine here on Eutelsat W3A 7 east. The US was always a few weeks ahead of us on programs so they will probably go back 2 years and start to repeat it all!

Maybe someone at the station got fed up watching them annoying commercials over and over and took an axe to the system .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts