History gone black...now its back 4/23/11

Status
Please reply by conversation.
ewwwwwwww........ Please... They don't need to advertise that stuff on TV. Everyone on earth knows about that stuff by now. They need to limit it to ads in the back of magazines, not on TV where little kids will see it and start asking questions many years before they should be. :mad:

Dee,

That is my sentiment exactly!

I'll let you slide on the "Flirty-Girl" fitness videos, that's OK, just no pole, please! Something about that is just wrong! If my sister bought one I think I would disown her. It's wrong simply because we all have a stereotype or preconception of the notion and what they are trying to sell or what idea they are attempting to use to promote their product. They could have come up with something better than that. It's all about keeping active, that's the direction. But, I think they could have done it with square dancing! OK, so I'm old school.

YouTube - That's What I Like About the North.mpg

Pay close attention to the lyrics... they are pretty good and especially one part...

"We Salute Just One Flag"

RADAR

Last edited:
Hey folks, things are looking up?

Just for the halibut, I just tuned in to the old Hist. channel. The watermark is now there, with a
still picture of somebodies uncle at the beach!
I thought I had a low signal, to see a still picture, but Bio. is at the same Q and coming in nicely.

This look promising!

Cheers!

Omg. I am going to miss American Restoration!!

I love that show!

And Rick sure is easy to watch. ;)

Man. I need me my history channel!

Sure hope they fix it soon. I can't check it now, I'm watching a guy dig holes in my backyard for my cband dishes right now but I see you guys saying there is a picture back on so maybe there is hope.

Fingers crossed!!

:)

"I have the Flirty Girl Fitness videos. But ~not~ the pole. No, I didn't feel the overwhelming need to take it that far. But the simple exercise videos looked fun, I made a comment about it and my daughter gave me a set of the videos. I tried to follow through on the simple starter disc and it about killed me! Eh, that's stuff for young girls. They can have it. I need the granny edition. How about "Not so Flirty Grandmother Fitness".."

No Pain, No Gain, Dee Ann...

What I find odd is the History channel just all of the great history programs move to the History International. If the so called reality shows that are on History if they are not about history why are they on there. American pickers, American restoration, have neat stuff about history but Swamp men, Ice road truckers, Axe men, Top Gear are not history.

Dan Rose

What I find odd is the History channel just all of the great history programs move to the History International. If the so called reality shows that are on History if they are not about history why are they on there. American pickers, American restoration, have neat stuff about history but Swamp men, Ice road truckers, Axe men, Top Gear are not history.

Dan Rose

Especially NOT Top Gear... :mad::rant:

I'm a big fan of Top Gear but it doesn't make sense on being on History it belongs on Speed or Spike that makes more sense. the BBC version is better than the american version.

Dan Rose

I had the misfortune of watching that Top gear show and it was some young boys doing stupid things like filling cars up with water then driving them wearing scuba gear. Really? What's the point of that I wonder...

The show is all about promoting irresponsible behavior like driving fast and reckless and those are things that are illegal to do and endanger other drivers, pedestrians and themselves. It's just stupid. Period.

But if you like it, whatever. But it has no place on the so called history channel. There are many other channels it would fit better.
But then again, what does the history channel have to do with history??

Oh, and for the record (and you guys are gonna crucify me for this) I watched that Larry the Cable Guy show a few times and at first I was aghast and in shock but the real shock came later when the show began to grow on me, slow at first and then soon I was laughing at it and looking forwards to the next week.. I don't know what it is about that guy but he sort of grows on you. Like mold.. :p

Oh, and for the record (and you guys are gonna crucify me for this) I watched that Larry the Cable Guy show a few times and at first I was aghast and in shock but the real shock came later when the show began to grow on me, slow at first and then soon I was laughing at it and looking forwards to the next week.. I don't know what it is about that guy but he sort of grows on you. Like mold.. :p

Does he have yeller teeth too??? Or any teeth at all??? :confused:

Does he have yeller teeth too??? Or any teeth at all??? :confused:

LOL!! Well, when he went to a super truck stop that had a dentist on staff, he had a dental checkup and the dentist was shocked to see he had all his teeth except his wisdoms (who does?) and no cavities. The dentists got suspicious that Larry may not be a genuine redneck with teeth that good..

I lost History on my unencrypted QAM cable today!!!... :river

So much for my History fix while the FTA channel is down! :(

Also lost SyFy, FOX News, Bravo and TCM. :eek:

I still have Discovery! :)

Try rescanning for channels, sometimes they change the coding and a rescan helps.

Yeah I tried that and gained a religious channel but none of the real good stuff came back. :(

With my work schedule getting filled up, just coming home to History Channel would of been

enough for me for the next few months.

I better fire up the 4DTV! ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.