History gone black...now its back 4/23/11

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Maybe someone at the station got fed up watching them annoying commercials over and over and took an axe to the system .

HA! Like those MDA commercials that they run 3 and 4 times in a row, one after the other. Once an hour would be more than adequate. But they managed to really turn me off to MDA. I know, that's bad. But come on, they went far overboard with those things. I will not be missing those, at all.

@ Dee_Ann

Or how about the "Smiling Bob" commercials they would show, Enzyte commercial, normally they would show the same 30 second spot two, three and even sometimes FOUR times in a row.

Or how about that roll on headache product that would run several times in a row, "I hate your commercial, but I LOVE your Product." Head-On. Remember that?

Or the gold buying company that runs adds all day and all night, "call us and we'll send you an envelope and send you your check." AS IF ......

Any one want to pop in and add more?

Photto

One thing is certain, hotel networks have a captive audience in the hotel business. Hard to escape the "Shake Weight", "MDA" and "PriceLine" adds,
What about those lipozene and "Bosley's" hair restoration commercials? I'm fat and bald and ok with it...The Shake Weight for women makes me loose 5lbs just watching the commercial. Darn I miss History.

Edit:
The hair is growing in all the wrong places though.

Last edited:
Shake Weight for Men and Women.

I hate those too! Oh how I hate them all!

What about the "Flirty Girl" fitness pole?

Yeah, RIGHT! Yessirree, when I take a date home and she has a "Flirty Girl" fitness pole in her living room, I know that my Mom will be proud when I bring HER HOME! LOL!

Heck, I might buy a "Flirty Girl" fitness pole for my Ma and my dear Sis! Woohoo! C'Mon Ma, Swing it! Anyone have twenty ones change for a twenty?

Does anyone find that commercial rather embarrassing, demeaning or out of sorts with your intellect? I mean really, who would honestly buy something like that? I'd rather walk in to Von Mauers and announce that I am buying adult diapers! And... THEY'RE FOR ME! HAH!

The worst commercial of all, and I cannot recall the name of the product, but it was much more erotic than the "Flirty Girl" fitness pole. They showed a group of ladies at a bachelorette party giving gifts to the bride to be. The gifts were all the same and intended to blow the brides "hair back" and curl her toes. OK... So what is she getting married for then? Then, in the same commercial, she announces to her intended that she "got the gifts" that they had discussed and he was so ecstatic that he yelled out "SWEET"!

Uhhmmm? Is there something extremely WRONG with that man's manhood, his mind or his perception of a wife? Dude! Get out of that prenuptial agreement NOW! Before it is too late! And then go have your head checked! There is something VERY wrong with it!

I don't think you will find these items as promotional gifts for supporting PBS, do you?

RADAR

HA! Like those MDA commercials that they run 3 and 4 times in a row, one after the other. Once an hour would be more than adequate. But they managed to really turn me off to MDA. I know, that's bad. But come on, they went far overboard with those things. I will not be missing those, at all.

I will miss the MDA commercial for two reasons. I went to High School with a buddy of mine who has a form of MD and so it catches me right at home and in my heart. So I have supported the cause since there is a personal connection for me. But, there is another reason... I also have a crush on the gal that they show working in the medical or pharmacy Lab in the commercial. She appears to be possibly of Indian (not American Indian) but asian Indian descent and ancestry. The one wearing the lab coat (not the one watering the plants). I think she is very pretty!

RADAR

I hate those too! Oh how I hate them all!

What about the "Flirty Girl" fitness pole?

Yeah, RIGHT! Yessirree, when I take a date home and she has a "Flirty Girl" fitness pole in her living room, I know that my Mom will be proud when I bring HER HOME! LOL!

Heck, I might buy a "Flirty Girl" fitness pole for my Ma and my dear Sis! Woohoo! C'Mon Ma, Swing it! Anyone have twenty ones change for a twenty?

Does anyone find that commercial rather embarrassing, demeaning or out of sorts with your intellect? I mean really, who would honestly buy something like that? I'd rather walk in to Von Mauers and announce that I am buying adult diapers! And... THEY'RE FOR ME! HAH!

The worst commercial of all, and I cannot recall the name of the product, but it was much more erotic than the "Flirty Girl" fitness pole. They showed a group of ladies at a bachelorette party giving gifts to the bride to be. The gifts were all the same and intended to blow the brides "hair back" and curl her toes. OK... So what is she getting married for then? Then, in the same commercial, she announces to her intended that she "got the gifts" that they had discussed and he was so ecstatic that he yelled out "SWEET"!

Uhhmmm? Is there something extremely WRONG with that man's manhood, his mind or his perception of a wife? Dude! Get out of that prenuptial agreement NOW! Before it is too late! And then go have your head checked! There is something VERY wrong with it!

I don't think you will find these items as promotional gifts for supporting PBS, do you?

RADAR

Ok, I guess I'll wade into this one. :rolleyes:

I have the Flirty Girl Fitness videos. But ~not~ the pole. No, I didn't feel the overwhelming need to take it that far. But the simple exercise videos looked fun, I made a comment about it and my daughter gave me a set of the videos. I tried to follow through on the simple starter disc and it about killed me! Eh, that's stuff for young girls. They can have it. I need the granny edition. How about "Not so Flirty Grandmother Fitness".. :rolleyes:

As to the "personal" products, like the pills for guys and the little devices for the girls, ewwwwwwww........ Please... They don't need to advertise that stuff on TV. Everyone on earth knows about that stuff by now. They need to limit it to ads in the back of magazines, not on TV where little kids will see it and start asking questions many years before they should be. :mad:

Last month we went on family vacation for like three weeks and traveled all over the country and stayed in a lot of places and I not once found the "Hotel Network" on in any place we stayed. I was hard pressed to find the history channel anywhere. I think only one place we stayed at had the History Channel and that was via the local cable TV system. I was really bummed out on missing American Pickers and Pawn Stars.

Oh, and Red Roof Inn, worst place to stay. Crummy internet, and really crummy channel selection. I forget the names of all the places we stayed but most were in the $80 - $100 a night range. Maybe the Hotel Network only serves like, Hiltons and other high $$$ chains??

Oh, and BTW, anyone ever notice that that grinning idiot, Bob, has YELLOW TEETH ? Like as in yellow like a neutra rat? Ewwwww... Bob needs to divert some funds from his pills to some teeth whitening stuff. And some stop smoking patches. Nasty.... :eek:

Last edited:
I found temporary relief to get my History fix! :hungry:

I have cable for the "internet only" and The History channel comes in via unencrypted QAM. ;)

The picture quality is terrible when compared to when it was available (AND comes back to!) FTA!!!... :eek:

Oh, and BTW, anyone ever notice that that grinning idiot, Bob, has YELLOW TEETH ? Like as in yellow like a neutra rat? Ewwwww... Bob needs to divert some funds from his pills to some teeth whitening stuff. And some stop smoking patches. Nasty.... :eek:

Nope. It must be your monitor!

Frozen picture of an older gentleman with a patchwork-design short sleeved shirt walking on a beach with the water behind him at 7:04 a.m. Central... History screen bug at bottom right.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)