Hit By Lightning!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lagman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 7, 2005
All,

My house was hit by lightning.. My downstairs H20 works fine except the new satellite (the one that has the HD locals) gets no signal. My upstairs H20 doesn't pick up a signal on any satellites. I switched the boxes and the problems did not follow the boxes, so I am suspecting the multi-switch (The boxes were on a surge protector). What do you guys think? If it is the switch, does anyone know exactly what type I need for the 5LNB dish and where I can buy one?

Thanks,
Dan

Do you have a multiswitch or are the lines going directly to the dish? The multiswitch in the dish is built into the LNB head and can supply up to 4 feeds, not sure if you can buy them seperately yet or if you'd have to buy a whole new dish.

If you do have more then 4 feeds then you should have a Zinwell WB68 somewhere, it's the only switch that works with the new dish.

Last edited:
lagman said:
All,

My house was hit by lightning.. My downstairs H20 works fine except the new satellite (the one that has the HD locals) gets no signal. My upstairs H20 doesn't pick up a signal on any satellites. I switched the boxes and the problems did not follow the boxes, so I am suspecting the multi-switch (The boxes were on a surge protector). What do you guys think? If it is the switch, does anyone know exactly what type I need for the 5LNB dish and where I can buy one?

Thanks,
Dan
i dont know the exact model but it is a zinwell . do you have the protection plan? it is covered for this. and if you are in your 90 days of having these installed even without the protection pln it might be covered. i would forget to tell them about the lightning strike just tell them the part about the boxes not working. they will make you troubleshoot over the phone it might be worth it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)