Hitler's Take on the Format War (Joke!)

avs people don't have the warzone...and there are always politics on those forums..

The AVS mods dont want to be outdone by the nazis, therefore they dont want the videos shown.

Ive been suspended at AVS, it aint hard.

It's been removed from Youtube for copyright reasons. What idiots! I'm sure there are ALOT of people that would want to see the movie after viewing the video.

Studios and Banks are some of the the biggest morons on earth.

The AVS mods dont want to be outdone by the nazis, therefore they dont want the videos shown.

Ive been suspended at AVS, it aint hard.
They do not approach the Nazi's at Blu-ray.com like iceman, not even close. You should keep better company.

Blu-Ray.com's mods are quicker with the ban button than the folks at Dbstalk.

I still thought the Downfall parody was funny. It wasn't entirely accurate, but most parodies aren't. You can't not laugh at that. I sunk relatively large amounts into HD DVD. I'm still doing so. My players still work. I still think the video was funny.

Blu-Ray.com's mods are quicker with the ban button than the folks at Dbstalk.

I still thought the Downfall parody was funny. It wasn't entirely accurate, but most parodies aren't. You can't not laugh at that. I sunk relatively large amounts into HD DVD. I'm still doing so. My players still work. I still think the video was funny.

Yeah, Im in a thread right now over there that I can tell is gonna go south.

I made the comment that the PS3 is a great BD player and media center, BUT the standalones were catching it in speed and beginning to surpass it in PQ.

The PS3 guys are pissed. Truth hurts.

I made the comment that the PS3 is a great BD player and media center, BUT the standalones were catching it in speed and beginning to surpass it in PQ.

Ask them when Sony is going to release a backlit universal remote for the PS3. :p

Ask them when Sony is going to release a backlit universal remote for the PS3. :p

No crap. Id like to kick sony, panasonic and toshiba in the ass when it comes to remotes. I guess they dont figure people watch HD movies in the dark :rolleyes:

Sony was at least gracious enough to put a nicely lit remote with the stereo receiver.

STR810. Its actually not backlight, has the glowing buttons. They do light up quite well in the dark.

I plan on getting one of those (or a 710) used on E-bay to go in my bedroom at some point. They're under $200. That's a cheap as a real HDMI (not that BS passthru) receiver gets.

I would prefer a nice Emotiva pre/pro and amp (okay really I would prefer an Anthem, Meridian, Arcam or Lexicon w/ a Carver, but I'm realistic) in my main room.

I plan on getting one of those (or a 710) used on E-bay to go in my bedroom at some point. They're under $200. That's a cheap as a real HDMI (not that BS passthru) receiver gets.

I would prefer a nice Emotiva pre/pro and amp (okay really I would prefer an Anthem, Meridian, Arcam or Lexicon w/ a Carver, but I'm realistic) in my main room.

I can tell you this, Im VERY happy with the 810. Going from a HTIB to this rcvr, polk floors, polk sub and a polk center, it sounds great. It'll be awhile before I get into the high end audio, if ever.

The HDMI inputs worked flawlessly with the sat HDDVR, the HDDVD and the BD player. I also like how you can name the HDMI inputs.

Sorry but it sucks as a media center. It cant play 99% of the HD mpeg2 material from my Infrant ReadyNAS server that my LP2 can with its old sigma chip. And no I am not going to transcode the material or re encode it.

The AVS people saw the victory coming to BD a mile away, thats why they got rid of the War zone before things turned out ugly there.
Considering most of the people on the avs forums support HD-DVD :p.
It would have been a slap to the face for them if they still kept the War Zone.

The AVS people saw the victory coming to BD a mile away, thats why they got rid of the War zone before things turned out ugly there.
Considering most of the people on the avs forums support HD-DVD :p.
It would have been a slap to the face for them if they still kept the War Zone.
I dont recall them having a war zone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts