HITS Package Prices Increased

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks.... that's fine. I get it for the music channels. :)

yeah that looks like a decent option. I guess MTVHits actually play videos?
I would like to see CMT Pure but we have a subchannel called The Country Network which is pretty good. The only drawback is you can request videos so it seems like Taylor Swift shows up about once an hour ;)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing anyone. I agree the value is not good, thats why Im looking around for something else. I really want HD but monthy cost is high. Trying to find out who has the best picture of the providers in my area. Maybe Ice could help me there?

It really depends on what you are looking for and how many TV's you want it on. If you want you can PM me or start a new thread in the provider area and we can give you the info.
If you dont really need sports DIsh has a package called Dish America which is a HD only package. You get some SD channels (the shopping/religious) but the rest is in HD and has alot of basic channels.

I agree with Ice in that Dish's "Welcome Package" is a great deal and with it I also get local and preview channels in HD, a modern receiver with UHF remote control for a second room and pay less than $20 a month with DVR service all of which HITS doesn't offer.
and you can hook an antenna up to the DVR and record OTA too from 1 or 2 tuners (depending on model) along with the sat tuners

I'm wondering if I could possibly add a C band LNBF to my 6' dish to gain access to both AMC 18 and Galaxy 16 since they are located 6 degrees apart? If I remember correctly from my past experiments two C band LNBF's side by side with scaler rings receive satellites spaced 8 degrees apart, so I might need to remove or cut one of the scaler rings in order for this to work correctly. If successful, I could then subscribe to the HITS MTV package and have the best of all worlds.
you would have to cut part of the scaler. If I remember right 2 LNB's next to each other (with scaler cut) is 4 degrees and just overlapping the scaler rings is 8 degrees. (I had 91 & 99 and all I did was overlap the scaler rings to make it work)

Looking at some old info its interesting.
I said it back 2 years ago and I still say it. If 4DTV had more mainstream channels maybe more folks would sub. Here is the "NPS Uplinks" that they were calls
CNBC
MSNBC
TVLand
A&E
AMC
Hallmark
Lifetime
VH1
CMT
TruTV
Fox News
Cartoon
USA
MTV

3 channels on that list I watch all the time. Since none of those are on 4DTV its kinda hard to sub to those.

Seems to me once a middle man gets involed aka "comcast" fees fees and more fees. Just my two cents but once all the small cable systems get rid of the dsr-470 our abilty to sub is over. My guess the end will be Dec 31, 2013.

So enjoy it while you can its cool to sub to a service no one knows about or at least i think so.

Seems to me once a middle man gets involed aka "comcast" fees fees and more fees. Just my two cents but once all the small cable systems get rid of the dsr-470 our abilty to sub is over. My guess the end will be Dec 31, 2013.

So enjoy it while you can its cool to sub to a service no one knows about or at least i think so.

With the HITS programming, there has always been a "middleman" involved. TCI was the orignal company that began HITS, then they merged with part of the old AT&T and became AT&T Broadband in 1999. In 2003, Comcast bought that part of the old AT&T.

I said it back 2 years ago and I still say it. If 4DTV had more mainstream channels maybe more folks would sub.

That maybe some of it but also I more in line thinking that a BUD just needs maintenance at times and most people who had them years ago have gotten older and no longer want to work on them or can't find someone else to work on them either as most companies have gone out of business so now it's more of a hobby.

With the HITS programming, there has always been a "middleman" involved. TCI was the orignal company that began HITS, then they merged with part of the old AT&T and became AT&T Broadband in 1999. In 2003, Comcast bought that part of the old AT&T.

True, However not for transport. Back in the day you got the signal from the transponder leased from the programmer. Bypassing the re uplink.

(Yes nps uplinked some channels also if you could call them channels lol)

yeah that looks like a decent option. I guess MTVHits actually play videos?
I would like to see CMT Pure but we have a subchannel called The Country Network which is pretty good. The only drawback is you can request videos so it seems like Taylor Swift shows up about once an hour ;)

Yup MTV Hits is 24/7 videos.... not MTV:Miscellaneous Television like the regular channel is (that I haven't watched in maybe 15 years) :eek:
VH-1 Soul is pretty good too.
We also get The CoolTV and The Country Network on WTWC NBC-40 here. I love music so I want the most options. :D

My brother told me I should put up a high fence topped with barbwire and some signs that reads armed guard/mine field just to keep the neighbors guessing.
Haha, yours was the place I had in mind that looks really interesting. Some razor wire atop a fence would increase the cool factor.

Haha, yours was the place I had in mind that looks really interesting. Some razor wire atop a fence would increase the cool factor.
Razor wire is commonplace here in Costa Rica so I'd fit in with that stuff (should I finally decide to retire here).

Yup MTV Hits is 24/7 videos.... not MTV:Miscellaneous Television like the regular channel is (that I haven't watched in maybe 15 years) :eek:
MTV is just letters now. They dropped the "Music" part of it a year or so ago. Other than Beavis & Butthead returning that was the only reason to watch MTV ;)
We also get The CoolTV and The Country Network on WTWC NBC-40 here. I love music so I want the most options. :D
ditto. Both are on our CW station

MTV is just letters now. They dropped the "Music" part of it a year or so ago. Other than Beavis & Butthead returning that was the only reason to watch MTV ;)

ditto. Both are on our CW station
True there. I did tune in again for B&B! :D

Last year I subscribed to both Dish Network's "Welcome Package" and HITS "Digital Deluxe Package". Together they made a good combination of channels for roughly $60 a month.

However, my wife and daughter never touched the HITS remote and only watched Dish Network, so I cancelled the HITS subscription.

Attachments

• TV_Channels.xls
    138.5 KB · Views: 121
I started visiting this site for help and when I need it I come here first. When others need it, if I don't know I come here!

Since things were merged the 4DTV posts have gone very quiet, so I guess, as that's where my main interest is, I've gone quiet.

It was really fun to read through this thread, I must've clicked "Like" 10 times!

Long live SatGuys!

I started visiting this site for help and when I need it I come here first. When others need it, if I don't know I come here!

Since things were merged the 4DTV posts have gone very quiet, so I guess, as that's where my main interest is, I've gone quiet.

It was really fun to read through this thread, I must've clicked "Like" 10 times!

Long live SatGuys!

I too miss the 4DTV / HITS area and wish it would come back to bring awareness that the HITS programming is available as a programming option. I hope the HITS service continues and someday additional programming is made available as well as a newer receiver model complete with HD and DVR.

I got the battery in my 920 and the battery in my 922 replaced tonight! :whoo:
I hope to call the "sub shop" and have the 920 subbed tomorrow! I went to a friends house to get away and get the batteries done. My daughter has a bunch of friends over for a birthday sleepover and tomorrow is my wife's birthday. Soooo I hope I can get something accomplished! !sadroll

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.