HITS Package Prices Increased

Status
Please reply by conversation.
As of 9AM this morning I'm once again a HITS subscriber. :)

Just so people know History E & W is now included in Skyvision's Digital Basic package. They really need to upgrade their website showing the current channels offered and cost. I guess History was a replacement for TV land in this package.

One thing I like about the Motorola DSR-410 receiver is the on screen graphics. Although very simple, they are easy to read across the room with the gray background and white text. I'm also not seeing the slow as molasses channel changing like Ice pointed out. Channel changes take approx. 2 seconds.

I never minded the waiting time of changing channels that included moving the dish across the arc so 2 seconds is no big deal. As long as you're happy with the services from HITS, why not sub? Everyone's needs are different. By continuing to support it helps to keep the choice available.

gardenman2002 here.

I like hits, and am a subscriber. might try dish out if i can forgo the "2yr " contract., for my wife and boy.
only thing that bothers me about this whole thread is NPS dumped on alot of people and then sold out to the pizza providers and this website is becoming more and more pizza dish orientated.
I feel that free to air should be the norm. Once we could watch via rabbit ears. Still can, but with a converter, not bad. Now we have money grubbing companies that try to grab all the good channels to make you pay for them. I watch hits, 97w with a glorystar receiver, and another ku dish to receive amc3 ku. Pretty good really. Bottom line is who is eventually going to control all the channels" we have to pay for",telling us what we can watch, when we watch, etc... I know this year, im going to be 100% fta tv, radio, etc. Just remember, if there are only two choices to get premo tv, not much of a choice either .

gardenman2002 here.

I like hits, and am a subscriber. might try dish out if i can forgo the "2yr " contract., for my wife and boy.
only thing that bothers me about this whole thread is NPS dumped on alot of people and then sold out to the pizza providers and this website is becoming more and more pizza dish orientated.
I feel that free to air should be the norm. Once we could watch via rabbit ears. Still can, but with a converter, not bad. Now we have money grubbing companies that try to grab all the good channels to make you pay for them. I watch hits, 97w with a glorystar receiver, and another ku dish to receive amc3 ku. Pretty good really. Bottom line is who is eventually going to control all the channels" we have to pay for",telling us what we can watch, when we watch, etc... I know this year, im going to be 100% fta tv, radio, etc. Just remember, if there are only two choices to get premo tv, not much of a choice either .

As i see it "HITS is no bargain". In fact it might be the most expensive of all for what you get! I wish it was different like it used to be. But, it aint! :(

Actually you are right. I highly suspect that there are few subscribers to hits. Does anyone know how many there are?.Anyway, im just dissapointed in the companies since i used to install c band dishes in the late 80s and early 90s. 10,12fters was the norm, using drake,uniden,skyvision, etc receivers. Those was the days!!!

As i see it "HITS is no bargain". In fact it might be the most expensive of all for what you get! I wish it was different like it used to be. But, it aint! :(

But as I see it, If you're happy with what you have with HITS, then it is a bargain. If all you want is 10 channels for $19.00, it's still cheaper than $.25 cents per channel for 250 channels just to get those same 10.

gardenman2002 here.

I like hits, , if there are only two choices to get premo tv, not much of a choice either .

Agreed. Like you, I have a mix of HITS and FTA/OTA. Good combination. To me, the biggest "prize" of being on FTA (with HITS in my case) is the fact you're INDEPENDENT of contracts, and more importantly, INDEPENDENT of outages caused by cable line issues, power issues on the cable line, and, for the most part, bad weather. You're not relying on the "Very Big Corporations of America" to bring your entertainment. Regardless of the amount of subs HITS may have, as long as its available and holds some interest I'm there....in part.....with FTA alongside. I do, however have friends that come to me for satellite TV info, and some are not "ready" for the tech end of FTA, so I direct them to other venues that better fit their needs.

Yesterday, I took my wife and daughter to TGI Friday's for lunch. We got the usual (3 sodas, 1 appetizer and 3 burgers and fries) which a year ago cost us between $30 and $35. I almost fainted when the waitress handed me the check for $47 plus I still owed a tip. I then thought to myself "perhaps the price we pay for TV entertainment isn't so bad after all". The lunch only lasted 30 or 40 minutes and I can get a whole months worth of TV entertainment for less. :)

As I stated in post #113 HITS is a better fit for my family compared to DirecTV's lowest cost Family package. Plus when someone asks me who I have for a TV provider I can say "HITS" and see the glazed look in their eyes before I explain what "HITS" is all about. :) Many people give me the same look when I tell them I have "FTA satellite".

But as I see it, If you're happy with what you have with HITS, then it is a bargain. If all you want is 10 channels for $19.00, it's still cheaper than $.25 cents per channel for 250 channels just to get those same 10.

If Hits offered HD and a DVR. I would totally agree and may even return to SRL as a customer, as i no longer own any 4:3 televisions!

As I stated in post #113 HITS is a better fit for my family compared to DirecTV's lowest cost Family package. Plus when someone asks me who I have for a TV provider I can say "HITS" and see the glazed look in their eyes before I explain what "HITS" is all about. :) Many people give me the same look when I tell them I have "FTA satellite".

As i said above, Hits and SRL have a big hardware problem. No HD, No DVR=No money from me! I'll watch FTA instead as it is the better bargain!:D

Anyone know what's needed to become a dealer with SRL (http://www.programming-center.net/dealers.htm)? Within the next few months I hoping to begin a new business called "Rinker Satellite and Home Entertainment". In addition to providing new and used satellite and home entertainment equipment to users I'm thinking perhaps I could possibly provide HITS programming as well and bring additional C-band subscription awareness to people via my website and advertising.

If Hits offered HD and a DVR. I would totally agree and may even return to SRL as a customer, as i no longer own any 4:3 televisions!

I have to agree! HITS needs a new modern receiver and additional channel choices in order to survive. However, even without HD and DVR it makes a great addition to FTA / OTA for people wanting to reduce monthly costs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts