HITS Package Prices Increased

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm sure if srl got the dsr-600 running to get hd off amc-18 you would see a section for it here, me among a hell of alot of others would grab a sub.

Wonder how much longer those old school DCII channels going to be up there for? How long you h2h guys subbing for? anyone still take it for the year?

OTA, FTA, Hits, and the Welcome Pak for me. I looked at TW Cable and both dish companies and the prices are way too high for me. I'll pay maybe $50 a month but I can't see paying $90-$100 a month for TV. Of course my wife and I pay that much for our cell phones and we said we'd never do that either. Blind

OTA, FTA, Hits, and the Welcome Pak for me. I looked at TW Cable and both dish companies and the prices are way too high for me. I'll pay maybe $50 a month but I can't see paying $90-$100 a month for TV. Of course my wife and I pay that much for our cell phones and we said we'd never do that either. Blind

Yeah, the cell phone bills are out of control! I just switched to boost mobile to begin the $5 a month shrinkage program. Maybe in 18 months my bill will go from $50 to $35 w/3G. Wife and kids are stuck in contract on verizon for another year. About a $100 a month for just talk, text and 700 minutes on 3 lines.:eek:

All this talk about rain fade, ...really?

It is a real issue in my area! For some reason Dish seems to have a worst problem for rain issues near me. My sister had Dish and went back to cable after so many frustrations. Just about every time it rained she would call me and complain! I tell her that everything on my BUD is coming in loud and clear and give Dish customer service a call! Her system was company installed and she had those rain issues, sunspots and a lot of equipment problems. My other sister and a brother are with DirecTv and have some rain issues but not as bad. One system is self installed/owned and gives less reception issues than the company install. My brother-in-law is also with DirecTv and a self install and does not have too many issues with rain unless it is a monsoon. A lot of other people I know gave up their satellite TV after reception problems too. Equipment failure seems to be more of a problem with DirecTV and not as bad with Dish. Out of my own experience with my self install (I had tried Dish and DirecTv before!) Dish did cut out more than DirecTv. I am not going to get into billing, contract and customer service issues here.

One guy at a graduation party explained all the reception glitches with satellite TV to me! He says that all these satellites are orbiting the Earth to provide the signal. When you are watching something you pick it up on one satellite and then you get a glitch or the picture will totally go out and then eventually come back. What is happening is that the satellites are moving, so when when one moves out of range another one takes its place and the picture is back! :loco:

Looking at some old info its interesting.
I said it back 2 years ago and I still say it. If 4DTV had more mainstream channels maybe more folks would sub. Here is the "NPS Uplinks" that they were calls
CNBC
MSNBC
TVLand
A&E
AMC
Hallmark
Lifetime
VH1
CMT
TruTV
Fox News
Cartoon
USA
MTV

3 channels on that list I watch all the time. Since none of those are on 4DTV its kinda hard to sub to those.

We went with NPS back then instead of Skyvision to get the Cartoon Network and that channel was not all that great. I actually watched it more than my daughter did! I did watch CMT more than VH1 but out of the "music" channels I prefered VH1 Classic. I do not see TV Land on my old channel chart and I do not remember ever watching it or if it ever was in my package. We did have Discovery East back then which did not make your list.

The NPS uplinks were the ones on 95W C-Band. I wasnt including any channels on other sats ;)
TVLand was one of the "reuplinks"

Can someone please confirm Skyvision's prices against their website? I also saw that their "Digital Basic" package includes RFD, Halogen, HGTV E&W and a few others that The Programming Center doesn't in their Family Package.

I started with the Skyvision "Digital Basic" package, but then once I got a WebSams account I used that and I believe it uses The Programming Center instead of Skyvision.

I started with the Skyvision "Digital Basic" package, but then once I got a WebSams account I used that and I believe it uses The Programming Center instead of Skyvision.

Skyvision is SRL's "Programming Center" largest dealer. "They still get a "small" kick back becuses your still under skyvisions dealer code"

Can someone please confirm Skyvision's prices against their website? I also saw that their "Digital Basic" package includes RFD, Halogen, HGTV E&W and a few others that The Programming Center doesn't in their Family Package.

Skyvision also says that History E&W is available which is important to me. :)

:confused: That is strange! I see both History E&W in the SRL available channel lineup but I do not see it in the package channel list. In the Skyvision package channel list both E&W are there.

Oh I thought you meant History in general....maybe it is both feeds but the SRL site doesnt reflect that?

I just logged into Websams and verified that the Skyvision Basic Digital Package is $26.99 and includes some stations such as RFD and HGTV that are not in SRL's Family Package.

You look at the Hopper demo on the forum front page and it's amazing what that receiver can do. Meanwhile subscription cband cant even get a dsr 600. Does SRL really think people are going to continue to sub and pay almost or darn near the same price and miss out on this amazing technology that's upon us? I think my cell phone has more b@lls than the 4DTV!:D

You look at the Hopper demo on the forum front page and it's amazing what that receiver can do. Meanwhile subscription cband cant even get a dsr 600. Does SRL really think people are going to continue to sub and pay almost or darn near the same price and miss out on this amazing technology that's upon us? I think my cell phone has more b@lls than the 4DTV!:D

I'm tending to agree with you. Like Ice said earlier you could add the Heartland package (Hallmark, Hallmark Movies, GMC, Pixl and RFD) for only $5 a month with Dish which is $1 less than what SRL charges for a single channel ala carte using an outdated receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)