HITS upgrading to dvb s2 technology

Status
Please reply by conversation.

macgod79

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
Nc
I've just read that Comcast hits will be upgrading to dvb s2 technology. They are starting it on the 2nd quarter of this year and will be replacing over 70% of their sd transponders. This is bad news for 4dtv users still subbing to srl. Thank goodness Glenn is building us that new subscription receiver,lol

That won't be nice! I got this H2H box about a year ago for my mom and her Picker shows on History. I don't think this receiver will do S2.

macgod79 said:
I've just read that Comcast hits will be upgrading to dvb s2 technology. They are starting it on the 2nd quarter of this year and will be replacing over 70% of their sd transponders. This is bad news for 4dtv users still subbing to srl. Thank goodness Glenn is building us that new subscription receiver,lol

I have seen the new transponder list and it looks like we will lose starz.

At some point it makes sense for Comcast to just replace the hardware at the mom and pops cable systems and then its good bye.

They are moving stuff from 101 over to 105.

turbosat said:
That won't be nice! I got this H2H box about a year ago for my mom and her Picker shows on History. I don't think this receiver will do S2.

No S2.

Goodbye C band Subs

:(Well, If they do, I hope they enable one to use the equipment of their choice. I.E. via a CAM card.
If the receiver is $900+**, sounds like they are going the ONE PROVIDER route, probably PowerView. At that price they won't see much, if any, demand at the consumer level.
Goodbye C band Subs . Taps
**from what's been read in the other thread

This time C band is really gone for subscription. We all knew it was going to happen. Free to air is why i bought my stuff anyway.

FaT Air said:
If the receiver is $900+

That's a hard choice.

Pay to play.

But $900 for master HD feeds. But if u save $50-60 a month.

4DTV has been dead for over a year nothing new. Good thing I sold mine for good profit about 2yrs ago.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Last edited:
wallyhts said:
That's a hard choice.

Pay to play.

But $900 for master HD feeds. But if u save $50-60 a month.

If a new C-band subscription system with HD does come about, I'd probably get back to paying for TV.

S-2? Don't most of the fta boxes do s-2?
And if that's the case, won't you be able to simply subscribe to a subscription? Or are the fta receivers incapable of scrambling a signal?

The HITS stuff would be cool but honestly it's not first generation master broadcast. HITS already has HD channels on AMC-18 using h.264 dvb-s2 but encrypted with DCII, I wonder if they are still going to use DCII or move to something else? From what I know when Motorola was in charge of it, (I think they still manage the acc along with Comcast) It's the DC licensing fee that scared any other manufacturer to get into subscription DC receivers, I am not sure if any of this has changed.

Hmm, I looked at lyngsat, it looks like they changed the HD stuff to mpeg-2 dvb-s2 with powervu encryption.

Last edited:
Any news on a new receiver. Glenn is hyping one, but is it real. Is there any way we will be able to watch. If we buy the receiver the cable company uses will we be able to sub?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)