HITS upgrading to dvb s2 technology

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If the receiver is $900+**, sounds like they are going the ONE PROVIDER route, probably PowerView. At that price they won't see much, if any, demand at the consumer level.
$900+
for master HD feeds ? a most have if the programing is there. heck 4dtv was that much new 15 years ago.
they sold a poop load of them.

Remember HITS is NOT a master feed. It's a pre compressed feed for cable operators.

If you are thinking your going to get master feeds chances are you are going to be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Remember HITS is NOT a master feed. It's a pre compressed feed for cable operators.

If you are thinking your going to get master feeds chances are you are going to be disappointed.

i know
just dreaming must have hope
if i win the 2016 or 2020 election this will be #1 on my list of things i give the people Master Feeds
well if you have a 8' er

Any news on a new receiver. Glenn is hyping one, but is it real. Is there any way we will be able to watch. If we buy the receiver the cable company uses will we be able to sub?

That website is a bunch if bull$hit there is no way that any of these programmers (Time Warner, Viacom, Disney, News Corp, etc...) are working with the "C-Band Forever Group." They would not bother wasting the time to authorize two or three thousand receivers, if the receiver even existed. The programming would be cost prohibitive as well. C-Band is dead as far as any cable type programming. Anyone who does see that is fooling themselves. If you want cable programming you are going to have to get it from DBS, Cable or a Telco.

That website is a bunch if bull$hit there is no way that any of these programmers (Time Warner, Viacom, Disney, News Corp, etc...) are working with the "C-Band Forever Group." They would not bother wasting the time to authorize two or three thousand receivers, if the receiver even existed. The programming would be cost prohibitive as well. C-Band is dead as far as any cable type programming. Anyone who does see that is fooling themselves. If you want cable programming you are going to have to get it from DBS, Cable or a Telco.

Now tell us how you really feel..... ;p

Cheers, k

If anything they would be working with SRL and Skyvision!!!! Maybe glen wants to sell the custom mapped version of their product.:D

Scott Greczkowski said:

Pre- compressed is the key here. If HITS were to offer HD on C-band subscription, the quality will still blow away the stuff from the "cable on a stick" companies, even if it's not masters! ;)

No, it wouldn't. It's pre-compressed so the cable companies don't have to.

Comcast uplinks the NBCUniversal networks @ 9 Mbps now so everyone can fit them 4 to a QAM. The cable companies don't even bother to re-encode this feed because the bitrate is already sufficiently low enough.

HITS was wonderful for me, but mine went to another user when I found myself watching LESS TV, and that FTA filled what time I had to watch. However......

Those into satellite only recently may not remember that home systems for the BEST picture quality in the 80's and 90's were a couple thousand dollars for the full system, and..receivers were nearly half-that cost! If a receiver gave us "choice" (optional legal means for subscriptions on the required platforms) and the free stuff of FTA all over again, chances are there'd be some buyers. Not to the degree that we have now in FTA with smaller costs on systems, but....some would sell! Especially if we, the end consumer could directly buy our programming, or could have the type of packaging offered in years gone by from multiple providers.

I'd find it fun to save my bucks, buy it, and enjoy the choice it offered. To me, the "independence" of FTA from cable and traditional satellite is part of the fun, and that type of an offering would only make it better. I wouldn't be first in line, but I'd be saving the bucks to do it!

We wait. We watch. We read.....(and enjoy our MicroHD's and similar in the meantime.)

Those into satellite only recently may not remember that home systems for the BEST picture quality in the 80's and 90's were a couple thousand dollars for the full system, and..receivers were nearly half-that cost!
great points radio
just 15 years ago 2 Million big dish program buyers there were.
http://www.sbca.com/high-speed-news/1998/nov13-98.htm

i think there would be even more now. look at the dish & DTV forums here all the crying about PQ.
if you could pull up to a persons house with a dish on a trailer and do the picture comparison on these 60'' and bigger HD TV's it would blow people away just like they did 20 years ago. it's a bigger difference now than with 35-40'' crt's.

He now is saying that the subs aren't gonna be coming from hits to home. He is getting programming direct from Disney. Click on the official cband receiver page, it's a hoot. Lol

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Or I should say not Disney but direct from the programmers

If you have seen Comcasts Digital Cable then you have seen what the PQ of HITS looks like since you are actually watching hits.

As far programmers selling direct, I do not see this happening. But enjoy the comedy show from Glen, but I wouldn't send him a cent myself. His past speaks enough about his character.

kinda offtopic but I do find this funny. From glentech's website

"It has the processor, memory and picture quality to put all FTA receivers to shame. FTA reception is an added feature with this receiver and performs the FTA reception flawlessly. No FTA box can compare."

My PC w/6x core processor and 16gb ram, skywalker-1 for dvb-s/turbo-fec 8psk/qpsk/dss/dgII, Prof 7500/7301/tbs6925 for dvb-s/s2/dss, arduino for actuator and servo control costs around if not less then $1000 and Im pretty sure my processor and software on it rival pretty much every ird out there. :)

everyone to their own, an ird will always be easier setup and honestly easier use, but never more powerful.

UDL

I will say that someone is working or is trying to fix a way for cbander's to sub to channels but it isn't Glenn. I'm sure he knows this as well and is gonna try and sponge off this person like the map master guys. I once believed in this guy. It's a shame he lives in such a fantasy land

I will say that someone is working or is trying to fix a way for cbander's to sub to channels but it isn't Glenn. I'm sure he knows this as well and is gonna try and sponge off this person like the map master guys. I once believed in this guy. It's a shame he lives in such a fantasy land

If this is a project that needs some help...am happy to jump in and volunteer....

Cheers, K

Wasn't there a law that said Cable Programmers had to sell to C Band dish owners? Was it usurped by a new law after DBS came out?

Wasn't there a law that said Cable Programmers had to sell to C Band dish owners? Was it usurped by a new law after DBS came out?

Video killed the radio star.
Directv/Dish killed CBAND decades ago.

Thats the cruel and true Law.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

People abandoned the big dish for the cheap little dish that has no moving parts and every room in the house can view a different channel ....AKA the cable on a pole model.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts