Please reply by conversation.

trinidex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
Hi guys,

I'm looking for the Provider ID for HITS on W5/AMC18

I checked my subbed DSR922 Diag A and it shows it as '1040' but reading elsewhere I'm lead to believe it is '4160'

Can someone confirm/enlighten me please?

Thanks!

Thanks! Found it, realised i was being a but dumb! The EMM provider number is split into 2 parts on Diag A like this" 1040 96" - read as 4096

Cheers!

how wrong can you be ??? Under Options 6,7,7,8,1 the EMM is 4160 not 4096 - so I've NO idea what the heck that is on Diag A or how to read it!

how wrong can you be ??? Under Options 6,7,7,8,1 the EMM is 4160 not 4096 - so I've NO idea what the heck that is on Diag A or how to read it!
Yeah,I don't have any idea what most of the diagnostic stuff means.
The only thing on screen A is what firmware,EA or EC and the number under ID,1 for unconverted or 0 for converted,I think,if I remember right.Neither of my 922's is converted(and 1 has a bad ID anyway) and it's been quite awhile since I've done the conversion on other ones,so fuzzy memory.
What you were looking at,on mine,it's 1000 96,no idea what that is.
Pretty sure the only way to see the EMM is doing the 6 7 7 8 1.

hey waylew - thanks for the details - I read the link you sent me (for the 10th time!) and if I understand what I'm reading (????) - 1040 IS the EMM provider for the receiver from factory.

I did a "soft conversion" to use HITS so did not do a EMM Provider Reset. I think that's why it still shows 1040 on Diag A and 4160 on a subbed channel.

That was a lot harder than it needed to be - not seeing the trees for the forest :D

Okay I just read thru that again quick.I assume you're trying to get the box so you can subscribe?
Anyway,the 4096 EMM is the old Motorola stream and that shows up as 1000 or 1040 on the A screen.
If you want to sub the box you have to reset EMM to 0,then you would see 0000 on the A screen.
Do you already have "X4" with the new maps,music channels 900-941 ?
If so then all you really need to do is reset EMM to 0,get a rehit from SRL(Programming Center) and you should be good to go.
If you don't have the "new" "X4" yet,make sure you're on AMC18"W5""X4",then go into program satellites move the old ku "X4" to that position,you might have to turn on ku see the old "X4".Once there find a channel that will get a DCII lock and just let it sit there for a bit,it should download the new "X4" maps and you should get the dmx channels 900-941.Then you can change the provider,get a hit and order some tv.

Okay I just read thru that again quick.I assume you're trying to get the box so you can subscribe?
Anyway,the 4096 EMM is the old Motorola stream and that shows up as 1000 or 1040 on the A screen.
If you want to sub the box you have to reset EMM to 0,then you would see 0000 on the A screen.
Do you already have "X4" with the new maps,music channels 900-941 ?
If so then all you really need to do is reset EMM to 0,get a rehit from SRL(Programming Center) and you should be good to go.
If you don't have the "new" "X4" yet,make sure you're on AMC18"W5""X4",then go into program satellites move the old ku "X4" to that position,you might have to turn on ku see the old "X4".Once there find a channel that will get a DCII lock and just let it sit there for a bit,it should download the new "X4" maps and you should get the dmx channels 900-941.Then you can change the provider,get a hit and order some tv.

Thanks for the explanation - I'm not going crazy! All good with X4 got setup okay now.

Thanks again!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts