Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Message Date: 3/9/2007
Subject: Programming Update - Hallmark Movie Channel Packaging Update

Effective April 18th, 2007 by 5pm MT, DISH Network will move the Hallmark Movie Channel into America’s Top 250. The Hallmark Movie Channel will continue to be available to DISH Family customers.

The updated information regarding the station is:

Station:
HMC

DISH Network Channel:

Satellite:

Packages:
AT250 & Higher
DISH Family

For us that has "Sky Angel" we already have that channel. Glad to see the others getting it. That will make us that do have "Sky Angel" have close to 50% of their channels from Dish Network. In other words "Sky Angel" needs to cut the price for us Dish Network customers that has the "America’s “Everything” Pak" because we already get 6 of the 14 channels that they offer.

I hate to say it, but if its not HD (or the Speed Channel) I never seem to watch it.

Still, a quality channel is always welcomed.

Dish shot themselves in the foot by not including it in the "AEP" from day one and just finally got sick of hearing people with the "Everything" pak ask why it wasn't included.

Got excited when I first saw the title of the thread - thought it meant Home Media Center

Exactly. No one with an HDTV would want to watch movies in SD crop-o-vision anymore.

You'd be surprised. This channel is primarily aimed at women. I hate to over generalize, but most women don't give a crap about HD or picture quality as long as it is watchable.

You'd be surprised. This channel is primarily aimed at women. I hate to over generalize, but most women don't give a crap about HD or picture quality as long as it is watchable.

That's one of the main reasons why I gave up the original HD pack and did not take the new HD pack when I got my new 622. The wife and kids don't care and my new job keeps me away from home alot. I'm the only one watching the HD stuff, so if I'm not home why bother?

Adding another SD channel, even the Hallmark Movie channel, is a non-event in the HD world we live in. Bring it on in HD, and then you're talking.
That may be true but that's not the point.

This thread is about the HMC, which has always been SD. But how could they market a package that by it's very name (Everything Pak) insinuates that it has "everything" - certainly ALL the other movie channels - and NOT include a relatively popular SD movie channel that they DO include with a less expensive package?

It never made sense and IMO was borderline false advertising. Sort of like their claiming to provide real HD but providing HD Lite, which in case no one noticed, they now refer to as "Dish HD".

About 25% of US households have HDTVs.

The AT100 was previously named AT60, was it not? Isn't the actual channel count higher now than a year or 2 ago? What channels did you have that you don't anymore- and miss? Court TV? RFD?