HMC Whole Home DVR – HR34 Pause live tv in remote locations yes or no

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AlaJoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
There seems to be some confusion about this. Attached is a PDF from Direct tv describing the features of this DVR on page two under other features it says:

• Record 5 shows at one with one DVR
• Playlist sharing with HD boxes
• Pause and rewind live TV in all rooms
• Stream 3 recordings to secondary rooms
• On HD boxes only:
? Manage recordings in all rooms
? New generation UI in all rooms
? Connected home benefits in all rooms

So What gives people here are saying you cant but The tech sheet for the product that Direct themselves wrote and is distributing says yes you can.

View attachment SpecSheet_HR34_HDDVR_2011.pdf

Unless you have a RVU client in them rooms you can't. Basically the way it's being used right now is just an HDDVR on steroids and using HD boxes for the MRV function.

yeah the RVU client is just a dummy box that feeds off the HR34
What is being installed are H25's which are full function receivers

We have a booklet on the 34. It says we hook up broadband deca's to the tvs. A wire from the splitter to the deca the. A ethernet cable to the tv

so how does one obtain a c30?
From what I read, I am actually optimistic that it will be out in the first half of 2012. Pace (the company making the C30) has already developed it and had the C30 certified as RVU complaint. I am not sure what other steps need to occur after this but it sounds like they are very close.

I will say this (as a current Dish customer), I would bet $50 the C30 gets released before the new Dish XIP series of receivers are released.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts