HMDI not working

brian_tr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008

Tech came out today and replaced LNB. I have living room tv hooked up to componet and bedroom to HDMI. Did not think to try bedroom tv while he was here. I hooked up the roku to check cable and it works. The 722 is not outputting anything to the bedroom tv. Is the DVR bad?

Last edited:
Guess maybe time to upgrade to a hopper. Is there a Dirt member that can help me with this?

The connectors for both the 211 and the 722 are frighteningly fragile. I've had to replace RCVRs because the weight of the HDMI cable, without the use of a downward pointing 90 angle adapter that I now have on both, damaged the internal connectors. Some cheap 90 degree angle adapters don't work at all so that was another problem for me. Unplug BOTH the load (HDTV) and the source (SAT RCVR) so they both go to cold steel off. The handshaking for HDMI is tricky. If you have HDMI splitters involved they too must be unplugged. Never daisy chain more than 2 HDMI splitters. 2 HDMI splitters daisy chained can give problems depending on the quality and capabilities of the loads (HDTVs). The lowest REZ HDTV is the dominator and some other connected HDTVs in the network may not be able to run that REZ so the handshake is a no-go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts