Holy %&@!, Howard Stern's invading my FM space (1 Viewer)

minorthr

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Jun 8, 2004
1,123
1
earth
This has nothing to due with improperly installed Sat Radios. That guy is a dope.

While I can see how this could be a problem, they will use this to try to censor Sat radio saying its spilling over to cars that dont have it and your listening to some Christin radio and the next thing you know Stern is on your radio talking about blow jobs.

Think of the children :rolleyes:
 

Shawn95GT

Tivo fanatic
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
2,278
0
Phoenix, AZ
They claim 1/4 mile range - ha!

Over the holidays we moved a car and my new car has a Sportster Replay in it. The old car just had AM/FM. I couldn't hear the Sportster in the other car unless I was 'right' next to or 'right' behind the car. Neither position was particularly safe or practical. I got to listen to MP3s on the cell phone for that trip.

I've read about people wiring up a 'better' antenna to increase the range of the FM modulator but I'd think tha this is the exception rather than the rule.

Shawn
 

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
287
35
Mankato, MN
Damn I wish my Sirius had a ¼ mile range. When I’m at the lake mowing the lawn, I want to listen to the Sirius via my walkman. I can get about 25 feet away (and that’s with the vehicle parked) but no more : (

Funny how this gets blown out of proportion. Most new radios you can select which frequency across the whole bandwidth you want. The new one I just got you can pick 5 frequencies (from 87.9-107.9).

And it’s funny how they use Stern’s name. What if someone is listening to that Rap crap or something that they think is “music”.
 

Juan

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
26,265
5,747
Moscow Russia
Iceberg said:
Damn I wish my Sirius had a ¼ mile range. When I’m at the lake mowing the lawn, I want to listen to the Sirius via my walkman. I can get about 25 feet away (and that’s with the vehicle parked) but no more : (

Funny how this gets blown out of proportion. Most new radios you can select which frequency across the whole bandwidth you want. The new one I just got you can pick 5 frequencies (from 87.9-107.9).

And it’s funny how they use Stern’s name. What if someone is listening to that Rap crap or something that they think is “music”.
Because of the extrnal noise that is associated with "car radios" they are built to better standards (ie better parts) than most walkmans. They have better noise reduction filters etc. Its possible to hear Howard at a greater distance but i doubt a quarter mile..not to mention the car has a MUCH better antenna
 
Last edited:

thiggin2

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Mar 28, 2004
1,627
3
TampaBay Florida
I have a Sportster Boombox in the Bedroom and I can receive signal in the car but once I back out of the driveway the signal is gone.
 

Frank Jr.

Beati pacifici 5:9
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
13,293
1,834
Columbia S.C.
:confused: Why seriously would anyone waste their time and ear power to listen to Howard Stern??? Obviously some people do. Why would some hip crazed weird ass looking dude trying to be telling other people his experiences or what he feels at the given moment. Sirius is paying that guy alot of money to spill his glory. No wonder now that Sirius is cancelling this and that to loyal customers. Where is the justice or whatever it is called in that??? This is not from Frank but his wife.
 

Frank Jr.

Beati pacifici 5:9
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
13,293
1,834
Columbia S.C.
Why should people need to hear about some nasty looking **** telling people about his sex life and/or etc. nasty.Ugghhh!!! Puts a whole new meaning on bjs. Yuck. Seriously Sirius needs to get serious. From wifey not Frank.
 

klen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Jan 13, 2004
231
0
Frank Jr. said:
:confused: Why seriously would anyone waste their time and ear power to listen to Howard Stern??? Obviously some people do. Why would some hip crazed weird ass looking dude trying to be telling other people his experiences or what he feels at the given moment. Sirius is paying that guy alot of money to spill his glory. No wonder now that Sirius is cancelling this and that to loyal customers. Where is the justice or whatever it is called in that??? This is not from Frank but his wife.

Frank -

See what happens when you let "wifey" on here?
Get this biatch back in line.
 

klen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Jan 13, 2004
231
0
Frank Jr. said:
Why should people need to hear about some nasty looking **** telling people about his sex life and/or etc. nasty.Ugghhh!!! Puts a whole new meaning on bjs. Yuck. Seriously Sirius needs to get serious. From wifey not Frank.

People like you drive more people to listen to Howard.
My wife listens to Howard, too.

I feel sorry for your husband.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts

Top