Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I got my DLNA Home Media to work by installing PlayON on one of my PC's I plays music and displays pictures very well.

But there is something missing...

Has anyone figured out to shuffle play music or pictures?

Scott im trying to get hulu to stream with playon and no luck. Yes pictures and music work, i bet videos are not supported yet.

Probably the best DLNA servers I know of for OS X are the ones made by Nullriver.
Nullriver Software : Products : MediaLink
Nullriver Software : Products : Connect360

The first one is branded to be for PS3, and I tried it with the 922, got into it and was able to play music and look at photos. I had the connect360 setup at one point but I haven't bothered to try it with the 360.

Dish has the PS3MediaServer on their suggested app list (which is a Java app that I've never bothered to try):
http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/downloads/list

Rivet is another DLNA server for OS X, but I can't seem to get it to work with the 922.
http://thelittleappfactory.com/rivet/

Last edited:
No AAC music support

I got some of the photos and videos to work from my Mac using some of the above programs, but it looks like the 922 doesn't support AAC audio files (just mp3 as far as I can tell).

This is a bummer for me because most of my iTunes library is AAC. Scott, or anyone else, do you know if Dish plans to add AAC file support along with video support?

Probably the best DLNA servers I know of for OS X are the ones made by Nullriver.
Nullriver Software : Products : MediaLink
--

Thank you very much for the tip breser!

Tried them out last night and the MediaLink from Nullriver seems to work well. I couldn't get the 922 to recognize the Connect360. The Rivit was recognized but would soon disappear and never responded.

I do need to figure out out to drive the MediaLink interface a little better. Worked well with iPhoto but with iTunes it seemed like I would point to a playlist and all I would see on the screen was the URL. Maybe if I waited longer the music would have made it because some of the music in the playlists at the top of the list showed up and played right away.

But, when I would scroll all the way down to the T's where I had a couple of Taylor Swift albums I would only get the URL on the screen.

It will be nice when the 922 supports video also. And I was hoping it would support Snowtape. Haven't fired up Snowtape and tried that yet though.

Re: djenkins post regarding AAC: Maybe that's the reason I didn't see some of the music, but I was pretty sure I have all of my music saved as AAC.

Thanks again!

Dale

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts