Home page

rodder

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 6, 2005
Adairsville,Ga 30103
I wanted to find out what home page everybody is using. I have been using igoogle but is is going away Nov 1st trying to find a good one to go to. :)

I just use google.com. It always loads fast and it's useful. In the past I used wsj.com when I was a subscriber but all the pictures and video sometimes bogged Firefox down when I first launched it.

I have used satelliteguys.us as my homepage in the past. Now I have my web browser set to go to the previous used tabs so no use for using a real homepage. Chrome is smart enough to let you know on a different device which tabs you have open on which computers and lets you access those tabs.

I like yahoo.com and google.com as home pages. I get my news off of yahoo.

I've been on iGoogle for many years. I like the RSS feeds lined up how I want them with no pictures. Not sure where I'm going either. I like a little information, but I don't want to get too sidetracked every time I open my browser.

I don't like a pile of clutter on my home page,used igoogle for a brief period.Now I use google start page.Loads in a snap,all my bookmarks are at the ready.I also use https://startpage.com/ when I want to surf in private.

Google.com...of course, I just noticed that Chrome now clutters the page with bookmarks at the bottom of the page, but I don't want clutter. I only looked for a minute but didn't see a setting to turn this off. How do you turn this off? Also, Google and Chrome have been invading my privacy way too much lately. I may go back to IE/Firefox and Yahoo or Dogpile. They already gather way too much data about me on my Android phone.

The graphical traffic-display page on my Tomato router. :)
Recently caught my iPhone downloading iOS 7 without my permission.
?

Years ago I replaced igoogle with http://www.netvibes.com

It was when igoogle started to force people to use tabs. I don't want any extra tabs on my home page so I switched to netvibes. My home is pretty much all the different RSS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)