Home Weather Station

I went with the

10408905.jpg

AcuRite 00622

For $50 total

Reactions: TheKrell
I have had the 2016 for about a year and like it fine with one exception... The backlight causes the indoor temp to read about 3 degrees to high. I wanted it for the outdoor temp so doesn't really bother me.

I have the 2032C , color display, wifi; and I love it. Bought it at Costco recently for about / around $ 75.00. The only thing that I had problems with is that where I mounted it on the peak of the garage roof it ended up being to close to the roof line. I made my own pipe extension using a double 3/4 inch pvc compression fitting and 3/4 inch pvc pipe; length is your own choice. I made mine 4 feet and now it is nicely above the roof line and being it is up so high I decided to guy it on 3 radial point. We will have snow, wind and nasty weather this weekend and that should be a good acid test for the unit. I would also recommend you pay attention what they recommend for AA batteries and the temperature range. I used the lithium bats. Much success.

Reactions: jorgek
I purchased an Acurite model 1035 in 2012 from Costco. Black and white display, very nice unit.
Last winter as a result of an ice storm one of the cups on the wind speed indicator snapped off.
The replacement part cost $5 and shipping was almost $30 to Canada via courier.
I contacted their customer service and asked if they could ship via US Post which was a lot cheaper.
They refused to accommodate me. I guess it was out of their way to have someone take it down to the post office.

I couldn't hardly beat that re-shipping using a USPS flat rate box. With shipping to me ($5) then the USPS fee it adds up to around 55 bucks.
Might be available through a retailer close to you?? There is a Wallyworld in Niagara Falls*(??) *That looks like the nearest retailer handling Acurite.

Reactions: jorgek
I couldn't hardly beat that re-shipping using a USPS flat rate box. With shipping to me ($5) then the USPS fee it adds up to around 55 bucks.
Might be available through a retailer close to you?? There is a Wallyworld in Niagara Falls*(??) *That looks like the nearest retailer handling Acurite.

Thanks for the tip. My wife and I are planning a shopping trip to the Niagara area real soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)