Homebuilt dual-destacker

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

halversondm

Original poster
Sep 23, 2005
I've seen this picture which suggests that you can build a dual destacker using a single destacker, a splitter and a multiswitch. I have the single destacker already for my MDU installation. I was wondering if anyone had tried this method with success.

The reason I'm going here is because I've already got the single and a D575D costs north of $160. Whereas I could buy a splitter and a multiswitch for about $25.

Quickly it is a 1 - 2 high frequency splitter where one line feeds to the destacker and the other (odd transponders) feeds to a 3x4 (or 2x4) multiswitch then the output (supposedly locked onto the even transponders) of the destacker feeds to the multiswitch. Then the multiswitch serves as the two lines into the dual tuner DirecTV TiVo box.

If you need a visual check the attachment.

Attachments

• direcTV1destacker2DTV.gif
    direcTV1destacker2DTV.gif
    32.8 KB · Views: 2,782
won't work. you can make a Quad destacker from a dual, I'll reckon.

Woo hoo. I got the splitter and 3x4 multiswitch today for $13 and $8 shipping. $38 for some cables and all told spent about $130 on the whole setup. I would say it is better than the Sonora dual destacker since it has a diplexer for the cable TV signal as well or four total outputs. The cheapest I found the D575D was for $160 at Swiden Distributing.

Cool, please post back again after you get it up and running....I'm sure others will find the info useful. Good luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)