Homezone HD OTA Guide Data Help?

alton987

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
Any HomezoneHD user's out there?

I am getting 0 Guide Data for Austin, TX OTA stations. I live near Waco, TX and have guide data for my Waco OTA stations. The Austin OTA's are not in my local prgraming package. I thought that when I had a VIP622 it still pulled down guide data for Austin OTA?

Anybody out their having this issue and has anybody found a work around?

What locals do you subscribe to with Dish? I think you will only get the guide for those. Think about it. What is the need to even subscribe to Dish locals if you can get them in HD OTA? They want you to pay for them to keep the guide even though you don't watch them.

Schneid is correct. You only get EPG data for locals to which you're subscribed. This is true on the DVR942 and the ViP models, as well.

Schneid is correct. You only get EPG data for locals to which you're subscribed. This is true on the DVR942 and the ViP models, as well.

That is not correct. I live on a border DMA area. I can receive some locals OTA from an area that our not my Dish locals. The EPG works on all the OTA locals. This did not happen immediatly. It took a couple of months for them to appear, but they did eventually.

crap. so i have to spend the $4/mo. just to get the EPG data?!? Currently E* doesn't broadcast my locals in HD so I'll be using my OTA antenna for all my locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)