Honestly, does anyone know the real holdup for SciFi-HD?

How many Sci-Fi channel and or Battlestar fans ...........really? Not enuff to make Charlie feel any real pressure on April 5th, 2008 ;)

Depends. If you take all subscribers then probably not many. If you count HD subscribers then probably alot more than the average. And of course it all depends on his tolerance for pressure. :D

Future news headlines (most likely on EngadgetHD):

April 4th, 2008: Sci-Fi HD not available on Dish Network; CEO promises it will be 'soon'; Battlestar fans threaten to switch to DirecTV.

April 5th, 2008: Dish Network customer service switchboard lights up like Christmas tree; many subscribers make good on threat to switch to other providers

If Charlie thinks it can't or won't happen, my advice to him would be keep up the status quo BS and find out. :mad:

The number of HD subs is small compared to all subs.

The number of BSG fanatics is minuscule compared to the number of HD subs.

I too am anxiously awaiting Sci-Fi and many more HD channels from Dish.

Put it this way, if Charlie told football fans who wanted Sunday Ticket to go switch to D* expect the same to those who complain about BSG in HD.

Charlie operates on his own schedule.

my Attorney says "sue to get out of contract" , I can't believe I gave you guys a chance , there is NO reason that USA & SCI-FI HD shouldld be on air by now , but "Chump Change Charlie" is always looking to scrap pennys ( just not off your bill) to make his wallet fatter :mad:

The number of HD subs is small compared to all subs.

The number of BSG fanatics is minuscule compared to the number of HD subs.

I too am anxiously awaiting Sci-Fi and many more HD channels from Dish.

Put it this way, if Charlie told football fans who wanted Sunday Ticket to go switch to D* expect the same to those who complain about BSG in HD.

Charlie operates on his own schedule.

lets say there are 250K BSG fanatics who's (jump ship/go to another provider) avg bill is 150.00 a month....Thats 37.5 mill a month that would be whiped off E* ledger a month....over the course of a year thats...well, you can do the math...and it all equals to a decrease in share holders value....reduced market cap and lower forcasted earning and downgrades.

FRACK....thoes BSG fans sure can make a dent in the ole wallet

Do we need all of these threads? Dish and NBCU need an agreement to carry SCI-FI and USA-HD. Charlie said on the chat that they are "ironing out" issues to have channels available in the near future. There have been numerous reports about the olympics and pressure from NBC. Here is one from MultiChannel News. I would love to have USA-HD, but I am willing to wait. I am not going to switch over to Direct for one show or one channel. The quarter is ending for Echostar and Dish Network, let's see how many subs were gained or lost. Dish has some work to do this quarter. Too many upset customers, but have they left.

NBCU’s Olympic Ambitions - 3/7/2008 2:27:00 PM - Multichannel News

It has been said from a reliable source around here that the contract has already been signed and there is a deal. The hold out, I think, is E focusing primarily on HD LILs.

Maybe, but can it really be that hard to walk and chew gum at the same time? I mean, there's no law that says you can't turn on LIL and national HD at the same time.

Charlie has already said on the last Charlie chat that they could turn them on when they wanted too, its just typical Dish BS! They havn't because he's waiting on Hell to freeze over! :devil:

my Attorney says "sue to get out of contract" , I can't believe I gave you guys a chance , there is NO reason that USA & SCI-FI HD shouldld be on air by now , but "Chump Change Charlie" is always looking to scrap pennys ( just not off your bill) to make his wallet fatter :mad:
Sue on what basis? Your attorney needs vacation money? You don't have a case. You have no idea what it takes to put programming on the air. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, just don't get the idea that has anything to do reality other than frustration. People make mistakes all the time; suck it up and change your programming if you feel it will meet your needs.

lets say there are 250K BSG fanatics who's (jump ship/go to another provider) avg bill is 150.00 a month....Thats 37.5 mill a month that would be whiped off E* ledger a month....over the course of a year thats...well, you can do the math...and it all equals to a decrease in share holders value....reduced market cap and lower forcasted earning and downgrades.

The problem with your 250K theory is that all 250K of them don't have HDTV's and HD service. The most likely case, is that of those 250K subs demanding the channel, only 10% of them have HD Service.

So you are basically on the same ground as us subs, whom want our locals in hd, MSG-hd, YES, NFL Sunday Ticket or MHL EI etc.; Yes we pay good money to E* for our subscriptions, but if we go to D*, it will have little or no affect to E*'s bottom line.:(

Somehow I doubt the average bill is $150 a month. The average BSG fan likely has the HD only package or the top 200 with no premiums or lives in their parent's basement and subscribes to whatever package they have. Personally while I want USA HD I still would prefer the channels actually show stuff in HD first. (I taped Gladiator from Cinemax HD and it is stretch-o-vision with an HD logo)

All I know is this will be my first huge unadulterated disappointment with Dish that seriously makes me rethink my status as a full-up ultimate multi-room HD subscriber. If there are a few of us, as is outline above...those are sizable revenue pockets that E* should seriously consider keeping happy. I could easily persuade myself to stick with my ultimate package if new content warrants it...but not if I'm left holding the bag of empty promises.

I'll soon have another mouth to feed and it makes the sizable monthly outlay harder to justify when the service doesn't deliver to satisfaction. 'A little more action, a little less conversation now baby..." indeed. E*, time to listen to "E."

Somehow I doubt the average bill is $150 a month. The average BSG fan likely has the HD only package or the top 200 with no premiums or lives in their parent's basement and subscribes to whatever package they have.

That's an unfair generalization. My bill is about $110 a month. I'm in management, make a good salary, own a house, etc, and I think BSG is some of the best television out there. I know a number of people in my "demographic" who feel the same way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)