Honestly, does anyone know the real holdup for SciFi-HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Anyone know if UniversalHD is planning on showing BSG in HD around the same time it's on SciFi? I want to be prepared just in case we don't have SciFiHD.

Anyone know if UniversalHD is planning on showing BSG in HD around the same time it's on SciFi? I want to be prepared just in case we don't have SciFiHD.

I checked the UniHD schedule on their website. It goes 2 or 3 months into the future (to June I think). It showed various reruns, then the two 30 minute BSG teaser shows being aired over and over. But then after April 4, NOTHING for BSG - not even any old episodes.

I was actually thinking of posting that here, and asking how set in stone Uni's schedule tends to be. Any chance that will change? If not, looks like NO BSG on UniHD for at least 2 or 3 months maybe more.

I can all but guarantee that new BSG episodes will not air on Universal until quite some time after the premiere. I'd bet not until the season is over.

I was hoping last season would air on Universal HD, but it didn't then either. Now they have even less of a reason to do so.

ESPN unfortunately has far better ratings than SciFi. I watch SciFi more than ESPN, but I am in the minority. Dish will please ESPN/Disney before they please NBC. They know where the larger market is.

My personal speculation is that they are hung up on AMC-14 and do not want to commit to the space usage until they know if AMC-14 is likely to get into position. If they do not get AMC-14 they will have to move internationals pronto to make more space on 61.5, but that takes months. They really need to start this process anyways, but I wonder how much they make on internationals vs HD...

Actually, Here are the cable rankings

1. USA Network (NBCU) 12 Weeks in a Row!
2. Disney Channel (ABC Family Networks)
12. ABC Family (ABC Family Networks)
15. SCI-FI (NBCU)
19. ESPN (ABC Family Networks)
28. MSNBC (NBCU)
29. Bravo (NBCU)
31. ESPN2 (ABC Family Networks)

Nielsen TV Ratings Top Cable Networks, March 17-23, 2008; including USA, Nickelodeon, Disney

Just saw the perfect comercial for this thread..
it was a Direct commercial...
Ceo's sitting around a table.. one of them says, "Apparently Direct is doing extremely well with customer satisfaction, how are we doing??"
Second CEO looks up and just starts busting out laughing(underscoring Dish has no customer satisfaction)

As evident by the rankings.. You know you have a problem when you can't even bring your customers the #1 cable network in HD when even smaller Cable companies are supplying it....(My local cable company covers a whole 3 counties and they are getting ready to offer it and sci-fi as wellas several other nation HD channels that Dish doesn't consider important ..(They are more concerned with getting large city locals on spot beam, for people to ignore cause they can get the channels OTA with better resolution and bandwidth)

Just saw the perfect comercial for this thread..
it was a Direct commercial...
Ceo's sitting around a table.. one of them says, "Apparently Direct is doing extremely well with customer satisfaction, how are we doing??"
Second CEO looks up and just starts busting out laughing(underscoring Dish has no customer satisfaction)
You apparently missed the big "cable company" on the wall behind them.

You apparently missed the big "cable company" on the wall behind them.
no, I saw it.. figured they couldn't out and out say dish, so they threw in the cable company thing...
Irregardless, it is still extremely fitting...
Heck..My local cable company was always more customer freindly and would try to get ANY channle you requested, and if they couldn't they would tell you flat out WHY...wasn't any of this "Soon" crap or beat around the bush and not activate sci-fi/usa even though they keep leading customers on to believe they will go live at any time....

Yup go to the pub and you'll know why I say this. I just didnt pull this out of my ass.
If some one in the PUB had any "inside" information, it would get posted here.
If for no other reason to make up for all the "inside" information that WAS posted here and never happened.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts