Hooking up TV2 on 722k issue

tarq476

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2007
I'm hoping someone here can get me on the right track with a simple (I hope) problem.

Dish was installed a few months ago. My set up has been a 722k downstairs, TV1 connected right there with hdmi. TV2 is upstairs, connected by the second tuner just through coax. The installer set this up and it worked fine pretty quickly.

Recently I've disconnected the TV2 upstairs from the wall. I connected a new tv upstairs to coax in a different room and I've tried to get it to act as TV2 instead of the old one. Modulator is set to 73 cable and the new tv won't pick up anything there. I also did a cable and air channel search on the tv just in case and nothing was found.

The upstairs tv is a fairly new olevia LCD. Does anyone have any tips on how I might get this tv to pick up the second tuner as the old one did. I've searched and read old threads on the subject, but can't get it going. I also called two different Dish support CSRs and they weren't the greatest. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam

I'm guessing you are working under the assumption that all your upstairs coax is connected to the 722K, which is incorrect in most cases. Not knowing how you were installed, you need to find the termination of the new room cable and substitute it with the old one OR add it with a splitter. It's going to require a little cable detective work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts