Hopper 2K S424 Joey S363 SW Update

oldengineer

oldengineer

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
May 14, 2011
Lower Macungie Township, PA
That was fast. Don't see anything new, probably just a bug fix.

My CC didn't always start up with 423. Maybe they fixed it. I was about to report it.

thechaz05

thechaz05

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 26, 2011
Irwin
Well I am not a fan of the new info screen. I really don't need suggestions on what to watch, but more than that, I prefer the transparent info screen that does not shrink the picture.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

oldengineer

oldengineer

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
May 14, 2011
It didn't fix the CC problem. It doesn't always start up. I have to hit the red button and cancel sometimes and then it works.

lucky86

lucky86

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 19, 2012
By the sea, in a land called Honalee
It didn't fix the CC problem. It doesn't always start up. I have to hit the red button and cancel sometimes and then it works.

How long have you had the CC problem? What exactly happens? You turn it on but it won't appear on screen until you hit the cancel button? Is it happening on all live TV and DVR events?

T

thomasjk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 10, 2006
Charlotte, NC
I got this same update today on my Hopper. I looked at the Network and found an error message with Bridging. The message said to check all Network connections. I did a Red button re-boot that corrected the problem. I went from S419 to S424. Never saw S423.

thechaz05

thechaz05

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 26, 2011
Irwin
Still having issue with empty ptat folder when accessing it after watching a recorded event in my recordings. Have to exit out and do it again for anything to show up.

fuzzfacefrombboard

fuzzfacefrombboard

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 4, 2011
Missouri
Still having issue with empty ptat folder when accessing it after watching a recorded event in my recordings. Have to exit out and do it again for anything to show up.

Me too.

Jaspear

Jaspear

SatelliteGuys Guru
Nov 5, 2003
Spokane, WA
The info screen no longer freezes up when trying to return from one of the "You May Also Like" choices.

JerryDowning

JerryDowning

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 31, 2012
NE Illinois
418 had screen freezes and sluggishness. 419 seemed to fix that. 423 brought them back. 424 was downloaded this morning. It's still up in the air so far.

ncted

ncted

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
Durham, NC
424 seems very sluggish compared to whatever I was running before. Dislike the new Info screen, but responsiveness to remote inputs is similar to my Joey instead of snappy like it used to be. Also, after finishing playback of a recording, Live TV takes a long time to display.

thechaz05

thechaz05

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 26, 2011
Irwin
424 seems very sluggish compared to whatever I was running before. Dislike the new Info screen, but responsiveness to remote inputs is similar to my Joey instead of snappy like it used to be. Also, after finishing playback of a recording, Live TV takes a long time to display.

You are not alone, I notice the same.

bspei

bspei

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 16, 2005
Aurora. CO

Mine gets so unresponsive that it requires a reboot. My wife watches all day with no problems and when I watch it at night I want to take a hammer to it. It took 4 minutes to start responding and that lasted about 3minutes and had to reboot. I lost some of the recordings.

356B

356B

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 22, 2010
Northern California
I think if Hopper is recording, a Joey is active, PIP is in use or other extracurricular activity Hopper slows. It reminds me of a computer with half a dozen programs open and drying to run simultaneously. There defiantly has been a change.

oldengineer

oldengineer

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
May 14, 2011
Ours have slowed noticeably in the 22 months we've had them. They're loading them up with apps and features that we don't use. I quit the other guys primarily because I got sick of the response of their HR-2X receivers. Hoppers aren't that bad yet but they're getting closer.

T

thomasjk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 10, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Do you have the HDMI-CEC feature turned off? There were multiple issues related to responsiveness that have been improved by turning this feature off.

Scherrman

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
Ours have slowed noticeably in the 22 months we've had them. They're loading them up with apps and features that we don't use. I quit the other guys primarily because I got sick of the response of their HR-2X receivers. Hoppers aren't that bad yet but they're getting closer.

I love the fact that you hate how Dish is adding apps and other crap that are not that needed and yet we have other posters on here saying how they want more apps and add-ons that they feel are needed. I'm not saying you are wrong at all, just proving a point that it's impossible for Dish to please everyone.

I myself agree with you. I don't really care for any of these extra apps. The only apps I would care about are ones that offer streaming video like HBOgo and BTN2Go.

bearfan4

bearfan4

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 12, 2007
My Hooper 2k is becoming unresponsive quite frequently. Even before the software update. I also agree it is worse when PTAT is recording and the Joey is being used. It seems like I am having to reboot nightly or every other night. I called Dish and they immediately offered to replace the Hooper. I may do that if I can get the DVR stuff watched or transferred.