Hopper 2K S424 Joey S363 SW Update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well I am not a fan of the new info screen. I really don't need suggestions on what to watch, but more than that, I prefer the transparent info screen that does not shrink the picture.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I got this same update today on my Hopper. I looked at the Network and found an error message with Bridging. The message said to check all Network connections. I did a Red button re-boot that corrected the problem. I went from S419 to S424. Never saw S423.

Still having issue with empty ptat folder when accessing it after watching a recorded event in my recordings. Have to exit out and do it again for anything to show up.

418 had screen freezes and sluggishness. 419 seemed to fix that. 423 brought them back. 424 was downloaded this morning. It's still up in the air so far.

424 seems very sluggish compared to whatever I was running before. Dislike the new Info screen, but responsiveness to remote inputs is similar to my Joey instead of snappy like it used to be. Also, after finishing playback of a recording, Live TV takes a long time to display.

424 seems very sluggish compared to whatever I was running before. Dislike the new Info screen, but responsiveness to remote inputs is similar to my Joey instead of snappy like it used to be. Also, after finishing playback of a recording, Live TV takes a long time to display.

You are not alone, I notice the same.

Mine gets so unresponsive that it requires a reboot. My wife watches all day with no problems and when I watch it at night I want to take a hammer to it. It took 4 minutes to start responding and that lasted about 3minutes and had to reboot. I lost some of the recordings.

I think if Hopper is recording, a Joey is active, PIP is in use or other extracurricular activity Hopper slows. It reminds me of a computer with half a dozen programs open and drying to run simultaneously. There defiantly has been a change.

Ours have slowed noticeably in the 22 months we've had them. They're loading them up with apps and features that we don't use. I quit the other guys primarily because I got sick of the response of their HR-2X receivers. Hoppers aren't that bad yet but they're getting closer.

Do you have the HDMI-CEC feature turned off? There were multiple issues related to responsiveness that have been improved by turning this feature off.

Ours have slowed noticeably in the 22 months we've had them. They're loading them up with apps and features that we don't use. I quit the other guys primarily because I got sick of the response of their HR-2X receivers. Hoppers aren't that bad yet but they're getting closer.

I love the fact that you hate how Dish is adding apps and other crap that are not that needed and yet we have other posters on here saying how they want more apps and add-ons that they feel are needed. I'm not saying you are wrong at all, just proving a point that it's impossible for Dish to please everyone.

I myself agree with you. I don't really care for any of these extra apps. The only apps I would care about are ones that offer streaming video like HBOgo and BTN2Go.

My Hooper 2k is becoming unresponsive quite frequently. Even before the software update. I also agree it is worse when PTAT is recording and the Joey is being used. It seems like I am having to reboot nightly or every other night. I called Dish and they immediately offered to replace the Hooper. I may do that if I can get the DVR stuff watched or transferred.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)